Abarth 595 Turismo

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
On the RMS Blog: My wife was having her Fiat 500s serviced over the weekend and in the spirit of “"If you don’t ask, you don’t get"” they sorted us out with a 2016 Abarth 595 Turismo for a few days as a courtesy car.

There are quick cars, there are cheap cars, there are fun cars and then there's the 595. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They really are the perfect sort of car for our roads and cities here. Nimble around town, easy parked, easy run and on the open road a barrel of laughs. I lifted a lowly sport version from a rental company about 18 months back and thoroughly enjoyed it despite it's lack of power. Perfect little car for zipping around in. Even the Seicento Sporting was a hoot and it only had what 60/65bhp? But that doesn't matter because on its skinny tyres with barely any sort of safety or protection it was was more than enough lol.

There's folk that like luxury, there's ones that go for looks, status, lifestyle or outright power but for me something like this is what it's all about. It's as close to a hot hatch of the 80's as you'll ever get without all the hassle and you're guaranteed to have a laugh every time you take it a run. Nipping to the shop for a pint of milk very often turns into a 20 mile spin.

If you're on a budget and looking something that's equally (if not I dare say perhaps a little bit more) fun, try the supercharged mini cooper s.

Rocko

RMS Regular
OP
Rocko
Drives
Pure Soul
If you're on a budget and looking something that's equally (if not I dare say perhaps a little bit more) fun, try the supercharged mini cooper s.

A JCW Mini was the downfall of the 595 in the Rocko household!

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
I love these wee cars as @Coog says they are great fun perfect for our roads, ive only drove the 1.4 sport version and even that was great fun to drive ! so i can only imagine what the Abarth is like

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Seen you pulling out of your driveway on Monday morning in it, you were a few cars behind me on the way into Bangor. Looked quite nice.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Cheers, one of the rare occasions it has been clean recently as I had managed to give it a good wash with the weather being good on Saturday

Rocko

RMS Regular
OP
Rocko
Drives
Pure Soul
I love these wee cars as @Coog says they are great fun perfect for our roads, ive only drove the 1.4 sport version and even that was great fun to drive ! so i can only imagine what the Abarth is like

Go and drive one. You'll struggle for a reason to give it back. I'm tempted to break something off our 500 just to get another go in it. @MichaelMc, you didn't read that.

Last edited:

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
Go and drive one. You'll struggle for a reason to give it back. I'm tempted to break something off our 500 just to get another go in it.

I think thats what id be afraid of haha

damo_mc

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa Giulietta
Hired one in italy last year from the Hertz fun collection. Had it all round Tuscany to Maranello then Monza to the GP and then up over the Stelvio pass and through the Dolomites to Venice.
Brilliant little car. It did sound nice on the overrun as well.
G5IVqR5vT0O_46rQBF-MfBXacmjqA_j6IdakVFx-RsKY4WzDMhtc4YDwK9PCxhZtEtoPN__kY6ritWrNh2Fwis9EwiZ9f8MogoMNt6_7tjjRCm8CzToKHiBH77BOnueHDuqBmP3CNllBpaAzBLdjyeuN9cyxVeEJI_QpNEe2SoVBErDfwucs9UnUHmnKHGWIHZM3s_6tTjQWuCZskbaAyfIAHaZq5Pov0SXaTPzE8DAkbVyX-ediUb-8TgZlDq6c5ieQg0mrqstx8CD5BYwPNXOrEbaqFxJIxb2OAGKTyLFG_XDuVobo-VQhppxAxhJ5s-VCS0ZIZp7DjTfxZshUjJSC551gejCB2-bjYHpNNpwMt7dX98V0X-D9re0aJE4LMhAiqR4ByGJt0DDFBui0lWQ7_buLEx9zhPTv-YwezMeXO_DU6TEbbEknKufjpmL9f2xzZAWDQn90AgBIV-im-VnefXpSfBIPpgU7eZpewZDwHH-31P5Phitod2WzD-VhRUBXsU5dGfJkXvQ3PxwOW2y-u9Tac86jvUTUStIb_oB1Waewg-tJPcYXNci2Vbbpg0TZiEc_UKNcKryhieU0wx7USI_Q2i7orwQ3FvUPHAsRNuq_=w1787-h1004-no

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
I tried to get a 500 rental at Manchester airport on our yearly pilgrimage to Alton Towers last month and the b*stards gave me a Hyundai i10, piece of crap and when I left it back the clutch was juddering. I got my £20 quid a days worth out of it.

Like Jeremy Clarkson said, rentals are the fastest cars in the world.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Wife put 60k on one in not much over 2 years with absolutely zero issues and promptly bought another off @MichaelMc . Great wee things.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.