Accord CL7 Oxy Sensor plug location?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
Anyone every had to replace either O2 sensors on a CL7 03-05 accord K20 variant?. My sensor wire runs out of the pre-cat sensor and across and down the driver side and up into the car body somewhere (somewhere round the driver seat / centre console) but I can't find where the connector plug is located. Needing to check the connection but finding it is proving a challenge and google has not been kind to me on this occasion.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Whilst on topic too.. Can't find a replacement sensor specific to a jap K20A but was wondering if this will fit as a direct replacement (for UK spec K20A6)..

And of course.. does anyone work in Eurocarparts that make this thing cheaper.. it's too close to Christmas for this sh*t.

Denso Honda | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

Can't help with the first post but take a look at RockAuto Parts Catalog

You should find one on there or at least get a part number for a Bosch or Denso item.

AndyG

RMS Regular
Whilst on topic too.. Can't find a replacement sensor specific to a jap K20A but was wondering if this will fit as a direct replacement (for UK spec K20A6)..

And of course.. does anyone work in Eurocarparts that make this thing cheaper.. it's too close to Christmas for this sh*t.

Denso Honda | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer
The code EXTRA10 will get you 10% off that price if you get it online.. Is the light coming on? If it's the 2nd sensor that's the problem if just leave it. My car doesn't have either sensors but sadly I don't even have them still :confounded:

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
OP
Shannonsir
Drives
Camaro SS
Thanks @mcmurray that's a handy site!!!..

@AndyG , its the primary sensor, its a 4 wire wideband (I think) with the heater circuit..which is the part that's failed so the sensor still reads OK,its just not getting heated properly. Im not noticing any bad fueling or running but nonetheless a CEL destroys my OCD deep within. Gona give this denso one a go from euro. Can't imagine the k20a6 will be any different! I hope!

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
OP
Shannonsir
Drives
Camaro SS
Guys someone help.. .I'm at my wits end lol. Rang Honda.. they want £405 inc vat for the sensor... definitely not paying that, couldn't get a P/N out of them either to cross reference and buy elsewhere. Can any Honda head confirm if a CL7 accord K20A6 primary o2 sensor (UK 2.0 155HP) would be the same as the jap K20A in the CL7?. Plenty of wesbites listing for a CL7 2.0 but not confirming if it will work across the variants. I've even rang Tegiwa and they don't have anything listed for it.

Good advertising for ownership of a jap import this carry on is.^o)

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
OP
Shannonsir
Drives
Camaro SS
@nobby , yeah mate, same engine and box but the DC5 sensor is a lot shorter having a different chassis than the Accord. I've ordered an OEM spec Denso for a UK K20A6 arriving today, which is also says it fits the K24 type S so figured I might get away with it. I could take a DC5 one a splice it but would rather rule out any possible wiring issues so bought a full length with connector etc. Fingers crossed.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
there is no real issue with splicing if its the standard 4 wire configuration that is mainly used on Honda's. IF your denso is short dont be afraid of customising the wiring loom to make it work.

there is plenty of advice on ebay about o2 snesors, the non OEM ones. i have found that any sensor on my honda is of the type ZIRCONIA TYPE and NOT THE TITANIA OR PLANAR TYPE. Cant see the CL7 being any different. i replaced a sensor on my civic recently 05 with a K20 engine in it (not type r variant)

Numerous Honda forums out there and plenty for the accord (well there was when i owned 2 of em!) ... owning a jap import should not cause you any more difficulty in getting parts, plenty of internet providers to get you the part you need. A bit disappointing that the Honda dealer you rang was not a bit more helpful but sometimes this happens

hope you get sorted

Last edited:

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
OP
Shannonsir
Drives
Camaro SS
So turns out the front o2 sensor on a UK cl7 isnt the same length or location. Correct Honda P/N is 36531-RAC-U02, nowhere in the UK apart from Honda seems to have it.looks like I could be forking out the £405. F**k you Honda.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
So turns out the front o2 sensor on a UK cl7 isnt the same length or location. Correct Honda P/N is 36531-RAC-U02, nowhere in the UK apart from Honda seems to have it.looks like I could be forking out the £405. F**k you Honda.
have you not just tried getting direct from Japan?

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff

What about trying a sensor off eBay and extending the wires before forking out big doe?

That is disgraceful pricing and sounds like HUK just doing their usual. That's NSX parts pricing on an accord.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
OP
Shannonsir
Drives
Camaro SS
I could try that but most forums say Honda's are very sensitive to these sensors and generally anything other OEM (denso) will not last or not work at all...I don't know this but would rather rule it out from the beginning.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
I could try that but most forums say Honda's are very sensitive to these sensors and generally anything other OEM (denso) will not last or not work at all...I don't know this but would rather rule it out from the beginning.

Well I would rather check a cheaper alternative than >400 quid

I bought a cheaper alternative for my civic and no issues

Up to you

AndyG

RMS Regular
£400 is ridiculous money. If it came to that I'd consider putting some towards it and getting a kpro. My dc5 is mapped with a kpro and it doesn't need either sensor. You can turn them off so you don't get the engine light aswell.

36531-RAC-U02 - Genuine Honda Sensor, Laf

Not sure what way it would work with import tax though.

I know people who have used aftermarket sensors and they didn't have any problems so I'd definitely give it a go

ek4

RMS Regular
Drives
ek4
If you ain't ordered the sensor yet drop me a pm and I can prob save you a small fortune.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
OP
Shannonsir
Drives
Camaro SS
@AndyG , K-pro is mega money for the Euro, have to use both DC5 and CL7 Ecu with a harness adaptor, then K-Pro.. comes in close to £12-1400 on parts alone before fitting and mapping. If I could find a cheaper alternative for the car then maybe it is worth trying, although it's hard enough to find the OEM one nevermind an aftermarket direct fit unit.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
OP
Shannonsir
Drives
Camaro SS
Just looked at an exploded diagram from some Japanese site, to complicate matters there are 2 sensors shown for pre-cat, 2 variants I presume as mine definitely only has the one before the cat. It now looks as though I need a 36531-RBC-003 (which makes sense given the RBC inlet is fitted to these as standard, or maybe my logic is wrong). If I can cross reference this Honda P/N with the Denso I could probably save a fortune :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.