ace275's Jaguar XF S Sportbrake

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Suppose with my MX5 gone, I'll introduce my main car, now that I'm also off the tools and no longer driving company vans

Purchased at the end of October 2021, It's 2013 Jaguar XF S 3.0D V6 Sportbrake Portfolio 275

Massive spec, pretty much every optional extra ticked with exception of the radar cruise control, which I wouldn't have wanted anyway. 3.0D V6 with 275bhp and 600nm Torque with the ZF8 autobox. Was tempted to have it remapped to 340/700nm, but so far haven't got round to it.

IMG_20211107_155559.jpg
IMG_20211107_155441.jpg
IMG_20211107_155534.jpg
IMG_20211107_155547.jpg
IMG_20211107_155615.jpg
IMG_20211107_155624.jpg
IMG_20211107_155656.jpg
IMG_20211107_155715.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Stunning! A dechrome would really suit that too
Friends have said the same, but total opposite for me, much prefer the trims in chrome. Think they look cheaper in black IMO.
Great looking car! Bet it can shift on rightly too.
It can, however it's also 1.9 Tonne empty! Still, once you're going you don't feel the weight so much

saxo_man

RMS Regular
It can, however it's also 1.9 Tonne empty! Still, once you're going you don't feel the weight so much
Lovely looking! HTD. I found my saloon a little uneasy at the back end on braking, but it's a heavy car.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Suppose with my MX5 gone, I'll introduce my main car, now that I'm also off the tools and no longer driving company vans

Purchased at the end of October 2021, It's 2013 Jaguar XF S 3.0D V6 Sportbrake Portfolio 275

Massive spec, pretty much every optional extra ticked with exception of the radar cruise control, which I wouldn't have wanted anyway. 3.0D V6 with 275bhp and 600nm Torque with the ZF8 autobox. Was tempted to have it remapped to 340/700nm, but so far haven't got round to it.
Lovely cars. Had 3XFs in total. 1 2010 X250 3.0D, 1 2016 X260 3.0D and 1 2017 X260 3.0P. Now in the XJ.

Truth be told I was happy with the first XF. Wasn't a bad car - just a massive pot hole and very bad timing meant I had to shift it quick.

Health to drive!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Is there anything better than a big derv auto cruiser for daily driving? Looks like a nice place to get a few miles done!

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Don't suppose you were passing Tesco Knocknagoney earlier today?
If not, was one the same and caught my eye. Looks really well!

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Don't suppose you were passing Tesco Knocknagoney earlier today?
If not, was one the same and caught my eye. Looks really well!
There's a lovely white one lives in Groomsport with a P reg plate on it. White and black wheels, but with red leather interior.

Cracking looking cars.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Thats very nice, I've wanted one of these for my daily for a while, unfortunately costs from my other projects mean this is still not going to happen for while longer and realistically my Mazda 3 is doing a good job in this role while having the benefit that I am not really bothered by dents or dirt.

How does it drive? I like to throw my cars around a bit, thats the main reason I don't want a pickup. My father Golf Estate is a great car in many way but I find it rather uninspiring to drive, I was hoping one of these would be a bit more involving.

Do you know the towing capacity?

Best colour for these also IMO, good choice.

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Thats very nice, I've wanted one of these for my daily for a while, unfortunately costs from my other projects mean this is still not going to happen for while longer and realistically my Mazda 3 is doing a good job in this role while having the benefit that I am not really bothered by dents or dirt.

How does it drive? I like to throw my cars around a bit, thats the main reason I don't want a pickup. My father Golf Estate is a great car in many way but I find it rather uninspiring to drive, I was hoping one of these would be a bit more involving.

Do you know the towing capacity?

Best colour for these also IMO, good choice.

Thanks. It drives quite well, but does feel heavy at slower speeds. Although on backroads Sport mode on the gearbox quickens the shifts up a noticeable amount to almost DSG levels of speed, and Dynamic mode certainly stiffens the suspension by a decent amount too. Once going on backroads it doesn't feel as large or heavy as it is. It isn't a bad handling car for it's size, and is the closest large estate you'll get to 5-Series handling.

Regarding throwing it around, you can if you want and it'll play a bit, but it's an open diff with no aftermarket LSD option and does prefer to spin up the outside tyre.

Towing capacity is 1850KG

I'd do a swap for a nice restored 260Z if you know anyone :cool:

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Thanks. It drives quite well, but does feel heavy at slower speeds. Although on backroads Sport mode on the gearbox quickens the shifts up a noticeable amount to almost DSG levels of speed, and Dynamic mode certainly stiffens the suspension by a decent amount too. Once going on backroads it doesn't feel as large or heavy as it is. It isn't a bad handling car for it's size, and is the closest large estate you'll get to 5-Series handling.

Regarding throwing it around, you can if you want and it'll play a bit, but it's an open diff with no aftermarket LSD option and does prefer to spin up the outside tyre.

Towing capacity is 1850KG

I'd do a swap for a nice restored 260Z if you know anyone :cool:
Yeah, it would probably be more than fine for my daily, I'm never going to get an estate thats good at long distances and can tow and is comfy that also compares to my fun cars in terms of dynamics. I just need something that doesn't bore me too much, I don't imagine one of these would and it would be many times nicer than a pickup. I still place this ahead of my other ideas which are, Subaru Legacy GT and Skoda Octavia VRS

Thats a pretty decent towing capacity.

I don't know anyone with a restored 260Z, but I do know someone with a partially restored one. ;)

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Very nice, love the xf sportbrakes.

Did this come from East Belfast, always used to see one in the garage on the Holywood road and was always immaculate.

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Very nice, love the xf sportbrakes.

Did this come from East Belfast, always used to see one in the garage on the Holywood road and was always immaculate.

I'm not sure where it originated from, I bought it at J&F Group. First dealer purchase in 15 years. I'd be curious to know though, I'll maybe check out streetview history to see if it's the same one.

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Did they buy it on the mainland? Swear I saw your car for sale over there
Possibility too, it was previously registered in GB. Although, I think it may have had an MOT or two over here too, I'll have to check

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
The wheels were a bit tired, so I've got them booked in with Cobra Customs to be finished in gloss black again.

Picked up a set of 18" X Type wheels to do me whilst the black wheels are away. I've never seen 18's look so lost in an arch šŸ˜‚

IMG_20220429_162607.jpg
IMG_20220429_162627.jpg
IMG_20220429_162529.jpg
IMG_20221115_200949.jpg
IMG_20221115_200955.jpg
IMG_20220926_083045.jpg
IMG_20221118_083515.jpg