Drives
XJR 575, A4

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
How long before you're able to fit your original alloys?

Only left them up this afternoon, so will likely be there until mid next week, then I'll give them a few days, put some wheel sealant on and get them on again. Will also repaint the calipers whilst the wheels are off.

Likely 2 weeks or so until they'll be back on the car

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Cobra have the wheels finished & ready for collection later today. Sent me though a picture of them done, can't wait to get them on!

316447624_1121166385426663_3022742820157110320_n.jpg

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Brought home and coated with Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour. First experience with a ceramic, but seems to have went on easily enough. Just awaiting new centre caps arriving now. Fitting on Saturday

IMG_20221124_195950.jpg

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Looks great. :cool:

Make sure to get in touch if you come to sell in the future.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Good work on offloading the callipers :joy: I painted ones red before and swore never again!

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
It is amazing how the little things make a big impact.

As far as estates go I think Jag nailed it with the design of this it looks so well.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Good work on offloading the callipers :joy: I painted ones red before and swore never again!
I painted my first XF's brake calipers with Halfrauds Red High Temp paint.

Came out orange after two coats ffs šŸ¤¬

Had to strip and get another brand from Down motor factors.

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Looks great. :cool:

Make sure to get in touch if you come to sell in the future.

Thanks, certainly helped finish off the outside. I'll likely be selling around February if you'd be interested but could be flexible around dates

I painted my first XF's brake calipers with Halfrauds Red High Temp paint.

Came out orange after two coats ffs šŸ¤¬

Had to strip and get another brand from Down motor factors.

I went for the ETech paint kit, it gets a good review. Comes with the tin, cleaner, brush etc. Motor factors do sell it so could have been what you used? It's good so far, although does need at least 2 coats

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Thanks, certainly helped finish off the outside. I'll likely be selling around February if you'd be interested but could be flexible around dates

I went for the ETech paint kit, it gets a good review. Comes with the tin, cleaner, brush etc. Motor factors do sell it so could have been what you used? It's good so far, although does need at least 2 coats
Stuff I used was aerosol paint. Two coats and it looked quite good imho. Was 5 years ago, so no clue which brand.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
That would be the ticket for me a few months ago but timing not good atm.

GLWTS, looks like a great buy for someone.

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Good luck with the sale.

What you looking for next, anything particular in mind?

After a BP5 Subaru Legacy Twinscroll, but had to be a manual. Not a single one for sale that I like, but better to have the money sitting ready to go incase one comes up

Took a deposit on the Jag today from an RMS member, a little less than I wanted but it's a hassle free sale and cuts out morons coming round. Goes mid week.