Activate Astra anti hijack/autolock

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Anyone know of anywhere near Belfast with diagnostics capable of activating the autolock feature on an 07 Astra H?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Yeah some must have it preprogrammed from factory and some mustn't.

Typical vauxhall
I will try again as not sure I waited just as long lol

Does the car need to be stationary or moving. Engine running or not?

endofreak

RMS Regular
OP
endofreak
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Unfortunately doesn't work on mine Eamo but thanks anyway. Apparantly some of them have a hidden menu accessable by pulling both stalks towards you but that doesn't work on mine eiither.

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
Ballyrobert activated cruise control for me for £20, I'm sure it's not too different to activate what you're after, might be worth a punt.

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
I activated it in my vectra by holding the lock buttons on the door and fob simultaneously for a few seconds, it beeps then you can let off the buttons. You deactivate it by doing the same with the unlock buttons

endofreak

RMS Regular
OP
endofreak
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Ill have a go with my opcom if you want

That would be great if you don't mind having a go. Apparantly this is the process for Opcom..

Diagnostics/
Body/
REC/
Programming/
Program variant configuration
Enter car pass security code 4 digits)
Next
Turn the 'Speed dependant locking' to: Present
Press the program button.

Stuarty1984

RMS Regular
Ballyrobert activated cruise control for me for £20, I'm sure it's not too different to activate what you're after, might be worth a punt.

When was this? As any time I've asked (even on the advice of forum members), they want an hours labour?

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
When was this? As any time I've asked (even on the advice of forum members), they want an hours labour?

Must be 4 years ago now, I bought & fitted the stalk myself then they activated it. I mentioned astraownersnetwork as there was a deal at that time I think there was a member on AON worked there. Don't know if its still running now though. It only took 10 minutes. I think andy_gdon knew the member from memory?

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi

endofreak

RMS Regular
OP
endofreak
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
I thought only tech2 would do that sort of thing and only VX keep that hardware.

Been trawling the Astra forums and looks do-able with Opcom. Been looking at cruise control too, that will be next on the list.

Stuarty1984

RMS Regular
I've been wanting the cruise control for a while but refuse to pay for an hours labour when it takes 2mins!

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
I can do both cruise control and antihijack with opcom. For cruise control alll you need is the cruise control stalk (about 30 quid off ebay) and make sure you have the clutch switch (most models do) and then activate it with opcom or tech2

Antihijack is only a matter of simple activation with opcom, and it's right that some tech2 wont do it, think it's depends on the tech2 software versions.

Give me a shout if you need it done, it will be free of charge of course.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I retro fitted cruise and it is the handiest thing ever. I use it a lot more than I thought I would

Iain where are you based

Sharkman

RMS Regular
Drives
Stick
Slightly of topic - apologies for hijacking your thread :grinning:

I have a vectra and to open all the doors you have to push unlock twice

Is there anything on opcom or tech2 which could set the doors to open on one push?

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
No problem!
Anybody wants antihijack, cruise control, or fault codes read etc PM me and i'll give you my mobile.

Iain

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.