Admiral Insurance and coilovers ?

A4RON

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3 8P -2011
Am declared lowered up to 5cm on admiral multi car policy but am looking to know will that cover me for coilovers or is it only lowering springs ?

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Separate modification, either <5, >5 or coilovers.

Or that's how I was told when declaring my lowering springs

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
As long as your only lowered up to 5cm on the coilovers you should be fine as it doesnt specifically specify springs/coilovers etc in the policy, Im with admiral with coilovers and no specific mention of coilovers, just as above <5cm or >5cm.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Admiral couldn't give a toss about your mods as they won't be paying out for them anyway, hence why they are so reasonably priced for mods. For example, you could have coilovers, toe and camber arms, polybushes, uprated ARB's and drop links and they'd only count that as a single modification because it's all suspension. It's crazy but great at the same time if you want to get on the road as cheap as possible.

phatttt

Drives
MX5
is this still valid to this date? looking at putting coilovers on and don’t want to declare it ideally if i don’t have too

pablo

RMS Moderator
I usually do lowered by < 5cm coilovers or not. I dont believe there is an option for coilovers anyway

BMS16V

Drives
BMW e36
Hi there all, just wondering if this would apply to air ride, have bought a new car here on air ride, and have limited on management system to within 5cm. So would I be able to declare lowered <5 as it does not specify how it was lowered?

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
is this still valid to this date? looking at putting coilovers on and don’t want to declare it ideally if i don’t have too
You still need to declare it, it just doesn’t make much difference to the price and the actual mods aren’t covered in the event of a claim.