Admiral Insurance

Head Gasket

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo S60
Anyone had a renewal quote from Admiral recently? They have upped my premium by 50% which seems quite excessive. Perhaps it's something to do with the no fault incident in December last year where a woman hit me at the Broadway Roundabout. No claim was made but I did inform Admiral of the incident. At the same time Admiral have released a statement saying they expect their pre-tax profits from the first half of 2021 to be in the region of £450-500 million. You couldn't make it up.

Comparison sites have never been even slightly competitive, and all the usual companies are looking £1000+ per car even though I had both insured for £500 last year. Bit of a rant but it really is legalised theft.

rollinstone

RMS Regular
Drives
Old man car
I was able to get my quote down to the same levels as last year with a phone call they magically were able to get the same quote as I found on comparison sites, try the various comparison sites as they all seem to have differing quotes

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
My admiral insurance hicked up when it came to renewal, previous year no one could touch them then the next I saved a few hundred across my policy's going else where, I had no changes other than a extra years ncb added to each policy I had with them And all increased quite a bit.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yeah, been a long term admiral customer with a multi car policy with 6 cars. Renewals are generally astronomical but I have the traditional phone call asking them in more polite terms to catch themselves on. This year, the renewal went from 2.6k to 1.9k which was nuts but it's the same every year. I've always done a few quotes on comparison sites to throw at them and usually we shuffle the named drivers etc as it changes year on year whether having an extra driver helps or hinders the price. Bit of a pain in the hole and definitely legalised robbery but it is what it is and the individual quotes are almost always worse unless you go with some proper Arthur Daley outfits. Whole process of getting quotes and making the call took around an hour this year so at £1100/hr, I'll take that as a positive.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
I’m on a multi car policy and my quote has gone down by £1 from last year. Modified S3 and a Mini Cooper with mini Deezer on as a learner for £875. Not even worth me shopping around as adding a learner into the mix is a nightmare

Chris0

RMS Regular
I had a policy with admiral for about £700 and my renewal came in at £2500 with no changes at all.

check on comparison sites and a phone call to admiral again got it down to £650 that year

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I thought the practice of ramping up renewals had been made illegal?

robbiers2000

RMS Regular
Drives
ford focus tdci

ger16v

RMS Regular
Drives
80,90's VW
These are absolute thieves - i took out insurance with them then they requested to see my registration document - i had my car for years and i accidently got the date i purchased the car wrong and suddenly they tripled my premium and from what i can remember there cancellation fee is daylight robbery too

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
These are absolute thieves - i took out insurance with them then they requested to see my registration document - i had my car for years and i accidently got the date i purchased the car wrong and suddenly they tripled my premium and from what i can remember there cancellation fee is daylight robbery too

The V5c is not proof of ownership, so I cannot see how it can be used as proof of date purchased? The date listed will be the date of transfer of the registered keeper.

Bronk

RMS Regular
ive just recently moved to Admiral multicar with the rs3 and saab :/ hopefully dont get stupid renewal quotes in the future

loliver

RMS Regular
Drives
nurburgring 223
I’ve been with admiral for years, I’ve the vxr and the evo with them. They do get abit silly at renewal time but a quick phone call sorts that out! Not ideal but it saves the hassle of changing. Other than that I’ve never had an issue with them.

ger16v

RMS Regular
Drives
80,90's VW
The V5c is not proof of ownership, so I cannot see how it can be used as proof of date purchased? The date listed will be the date of transfer of the registered keeper.
Yes i may have got that wrong - it was because the date i stated during the quotation did not not correspond with the date in the log book from what i can remember i was around a month out

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I've been with Hastings a few years now and it's the same song and dance every year run a comparison ring up and they beat it. This year they actually managed to half their renewal quote £450ish down to £200ish they beat they're own quote on compare NI.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
None of this nonsense with abbey autoline.

The ethics of it stink and I refuse to deal with companies that do it.

You can be sure they’ll skirt the new regulations by offering discounts or incentives in the first year. The quote will be £X less Y% and in year two the renewal will come in at £X with no discount unless you call to complain then they’ll apply a ‘special’ customer retention discount.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Try directline multicar.
What he said, I was advised by another member when renewals were due for my folks cars, they halved my dad's renewal and gave a great price for my mum's a few months later.
I've had the wife's car with Admiral for the past 6 or 7years and generally do have to get a quote from comparison site and ring them back to beat it. Renewal due in the next few weeks. They all chance their arm and what's good for one person won't be for the next. A few companies have also stopped covering cars over a certain age, had it when our C class came up for renewal (would have been 11 or 12yr old) and my bro recent with a 20yr old Rover.
It's a farce, I never forget having my missus as a learner on my Scirocco reduced my premium by almost £100, but when I switched companies they refused to insure a learner on a sports car.
When you consider the £ insurance companies have saved over the past year due to less people driving etc they've a cheek to up premiums, Admiral actually gave £25 back last year to try and keep customers.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
My renewal was £100 CHEAPER than last year, when I reduced my mileage and took the commuting off it, they knocked an extra £72 off

Head Gasket

RMS Regular
OP
H
Drives
Volvo S60
None of this nonsense with abbey autoline.

Abbey Autoline were looking for £1000+ per car, even with the no claims bonus on each motor. Churchill seem to be the most competitive at the moment. It would be nice to be able to choose not to deal with these immoral companies, but certain BT postcodes are considered too high a risk for many insurers to touch.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
When I was swapping insurance over a few years ago Abbey were a pain to get a quote from, then gave me a price that was £100 more than the dearest quote I'd received (around £1200 from memory) before hounding me for the next two weeks looking me to take out the policy!

Really need to try everywhere as it's a very individual thing.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Been with Admiral for approx 8 years now and have had a multi car policy for the last couple of that.

Every single year without fail their renewal comes in approx £150 more than the previous years policy. I phone them and basically state that if they can get it to around £xxx amount (usually £20 less than last years price) then I'll go with them again... Every year they manage to get it to within a few quid of my stated price. Currently paying just under £600 for the Merc E Class Coupe & the Impreza Turbo 2000.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
We had a complete nightmare with abbey insurance admittedly 20 years ago but my Mrs had a fairly minor bump into the back of another car. They were complete c**ts to her about it, such a bad attitude. :mad: