Adrain flux, anyone ever claimed with them

dc5Civic

RMS Regular
Drives
ST
Just been given a good competitive quote with flux (currently with greenlight), but when they sent the quote in an email with the insurers/underwriters name i googled them and it didn't fill me full of confidence.

They wer 1 star insurers with nothing but complaints by people who actually had to use them for one reason or another.

Just a bit dubious now...

Reactions: PDK

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Just been given a good competitive quote with flux (currently with greenlight), but when they sent the quote in an email with the insurers name i googled them and it didn't fill me full of confidence.

They wer 1 star insurers with nothing but complaints by people who actually had to use them for one reason or another.

Just a bit dubious now...
Emm I've used them for years

Never any problema

Been long time since I had to use the claims but I think it still goes through Adrian flux call centre. I think now? Could be wrong?

MarkM

RMS Regular
I’ve been with them for two years, really only two choices for me for proper modified like for like insurance, AF or Pace Ward. They did charge me £30 to change the reg which I’m not that happy about!

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I’ve been with them for two years, really only two choices for me for proper modified like for like insurance, AF or Pace Ward. They did charge me £30 to change the reg which I’m not that happy about!
Was with them for a good few years, no hassles. Granted never had to claim.

@MarkM I moved to Brentacre this year as the cover all cosmetic and mild performance mods free of charge. Any additional modifications through the year of the policy are also free to add (unless a significant bhp rise).

All they asked for was a full list of mods at the start of the policy.

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
I got a crazy quote from them for the M4, think it was something like £3.5k!

MarkM

RMS Regular

@MarkM I moved to Brentacre this year as the cover all cosmetic and mild performance mods free of charge. Any additional modifications through the year of the policy are also free to add (unless a significant bhp rise).

Not heard of them, thanks!
I got a crazy quote from them for the M4, think it was something like £3.5k!

£435 for mine, mods declared, you must live in a rough area lolol

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
Not heard of them, thanks!

£435 for mine, mods declared, you must live in a rough area lolol
It’s mad the difference with them. The only thing I could think of was mileage. Think I have it declared at 10k a year but you definitely have more mods to declare!

MarkM

RMS Regular
It’s mad the difference with them. The only thing I could think of was mileage. Think I have it declared at 10k a year but you definitely have more mods to declare!

10k is nothing! I’m declared at 8k miles annually even though it’s only done 14k in 4 years

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
i have my astra van with them

bad area /limited mileage /highly modified

but all mods declared and to be fair only ones who would touch it £500 for a year

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Was with HIC (Adrian Flux sister company at the time) who used the same underwriters with questionable reviews.

Another driver pulled out in front of me causing me to swerve and hit a bridge head on.

The end result was good, although apparently covering the cost of mods does not occur when the vehicle is written off...
I was not happy when they told me that with all the fuss they made when selling me the policy...

The whole thing was hassle though, lots of phonecalls and it rolled on for I think 2 or 3 months before there was a result. Several months after that at renewal another company refused me because a claim hadn't been finalised (still!!). Cue more phonecalls to receive a letter clearing me of fault but my best quote wouldn't accept it, got sorted in the end without too much difficulty but it's stress you don't need when you rely on your car to get to work.

dc5Civic

RMS Regular
OP
dc5Civic
Drives
ST
Was with HIC (Adrian Flux sister company at the time) who used the same underwriters with questionable reviews.

Another driver pulled out in front of me causing me to swerve and hit a bridge head on.

The end result was good, although apparently covering the cost of mods does not occur when the vehicle is written off...
I was not happy when they told me that with all the fuss they made when selling me the policy...

The whole thing was hassle though, lots of phonecalls and it rolled on for I think 2 or 3 months before there was a result. Several months after that at renewal another company refused me because a claim hadn't been finalised (still!!). Cue more phonecalls to receive a letter clearing me of fault but my best quote wouldn't accept it, got sorted in the end without too much difficulty but it's stress you don't need when you rely on your car to get to work.
This is what i mean...

Yes i get it they give out good quotes and that, but god forbid when you actually need to use your insurance is it going to be any good with they're 1star underwriters, lots of complaints of no courtesy cars, cars going to questionable garages to be fixed in the case of an accident and not being fixed properly and poor customer service, not actually being able to get the hold of anyone when its going to be stressful enough in the case of an accident.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
I had both my Fiesta and Focus CC with Flux. When the Fiesta got rear ended they were pretty useless, and just passed me over to an accident management company. Who I didn't use I just went to Crash.

When I wrote the Focus off they paid in about a week following the accident.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I had the vts with them years ago, I cancelled the policy and they tried to charge me 90% of the policy for not even a months cover. Needless to say it was a hassle sorting it and had more phonecalls to management than I care to think about. I'd be dubious even now if simple things are a pain like cancelling what would it not be like if anything happened.

But I suppose it's like any of them you don't know how good/bad then are till its already happened.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7

Brentacre just told me they dont cover NI lol.

On the upside received a quote from Flux 400 cheaper than LV with all mods included on both cars for me and the Mrs.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Brentacre just told me they dont cover NI lol.

On the upside received a quote from Flux 400 cheaper than LV with all mods included on both cars for me and the Mrs.
Well I'm currently insured with them🤣🤣 as are a good few of my mates that i put on to them.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
I had the vts with them years ago, I cancelled the policy and they tried to charge me 90% of the policy for not even a months cover. Needless to say it was a hassle sorting it and had more phonecalls to management than I care to think about. I'd be dubious even now if simple things are a pain like cancelling what would it not be like if anything happened.

But I suppose it's like any of them you don't know how good/bad then are till its already happened.

I had a similar experience when I sold a car and needed to cancel the policy after only a couple of months. In their T&C's it said I get 0% refunded, but I researched what the Financial Ombudsman guidance was on this situation and actually found a copy of a newsletter they produce with almost my exact situation and how the FO ordered the insurer to pay out.

I first contacted them and complained to no avail, then I contacted the FO and whilst I waited for their response I tried to get contacts details of the Underwriter, the only contact I could find was an email to some CEO or CFO or something based in Malta, so I emailed them stating what is going on and that I have contacted the FO and included a copy of the newsletter.

A few days latter AF called me to sort it out and we agreed a refund. Another few days later they called to close the complaint and read out the details of the case, but the payment was lower than we had agreed. I called them on it and explained how typical it is of insurance companies to play these pathetic games and until I receive the money I agreed to, the complaint will remain active and so will the case with the FO.

It makes me wonder how many people just give up and let them walk all over them.