Advice on LED light bars

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
This is maybe a daft question but is there any way a lightbar could be loosing its brightness .its 100% not that we are getting used to it as things on our road was visible before isnt now.looking at it it’s still bright and all led are working it honestly looks to be about 50% of what it was.
Yeah, the luminosity degrades over time. I’ve noticed it even with LED floodlights that I have around the yard at home. Corners of the yard that were well lit are slowly getting slightly darker, though I have the floodlights on every evening for several hours, so can’t complain too much, I’ll just have to replaced them soon enough.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
My bar has only been on for a couple of months and been on for like 1 hour nax.im a bit pissed as it was one of the dearer ones.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
My bar has only been on for a couple of months and been on for like 1 hour nax.im a bit pissed as it was one of the dearer ones.
How dear is dear?

I wouldn't have touched the ones that are 3w or 5w per LED as I'm pretty sure they are driven hard so will drop to maybe 70% of their brightness.

Also most half decent LED drivers will reduce the light to protect the LEDs if they aren't being cooled sufficiently.

I'd say mine is at 80% brightness after 4.5 years and a lot of country driving.

I'd always aim for the 10 watt per LED units, they seem not to be run so hard, typically mine are 7 watts or so

Bryan

RMS Regular
I have a brand new Snap-Mac 200w combo 36” light bar if anyone needs one. It’s brand new still in the box. Too big for where I wanted to put it.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
LED light bars are becoming popular day by day as they are low power consuming. I will recommend Prtek Fog light bar. I came to know about this from the Facebook advertisement. It is not so costly but performs better than any other LED bars. hope it will work as per my expectation.

You don't, by any chance, know where I could get one of these Prtek Fog Light Bars?!
I have a brand new Snap-Mac 200w combo 36” light bar if anyone needs one. It’s brand new still in the box. Too big for where I wanted to put it.

Make it fit Bryan!

Apis

RMS Regular
OP
Apis
Drives
various
LED light bars are becoming popular day by day as they are low power consuming. I will recommend Prtek Fog light bar. I came to know about this from the Facebook advertisement. It is not so costly but performs better than any other LED bars. hope it will work as per my expectation.
Does this mean you are recommending it just based an advert, but you haven't actually tried one?