"Advisory" speed limits

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
How do you know if a speed limit is "advisory" or enforceable? Are the signs different?

Can you be fined for breaking an "advisory" limit?

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
advisory is generally in and around maintance areas where the rest of the road will be say 60, but around the workers the advisory limit will be 30.

i think you can get fined for breaking them, as its putting people in higher danger

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Only fined? The government could lower taxes if the police were out on the westlink all day FFS!

Angel Tuning

RMS Regular
Drives
Fabia
yeah u can get points for temporary limits. my friend was caught on the newry by pass, was a section of it a 30mph temporary limit because of the roadworks. got a 60quid fine and 3penalty points

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I stick to the 'advisory' speed limits always when I drive, yet you get numpties who just keep to the same speed everywhere, and blissfully fly past you. Gets me angry, but I know fine rightly that I'd be the one to get caught if I did what they were doing.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
yeah advisory are yellow, yo wont get points for these, but temporary ones... like said above the 30mph ones you will.

used to be they had to be declared through the likes of telegraph etc before they could implement speeding, but no i dont think thats the case!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
How do the cops police the likes of the westlink where no one does the limits?

they cannot do everyone unless they employed a gatso?

Good example today in the 30limit of the westlink - cops doing 45.....

Ghost

RMS Regular
Its nearly impossible to police, unless they sit on the outside lane and travel at the speed limit all day. Which is impractable.

Cameras would be good.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I take it it is just sods law on the westlink with regards to who gets caught as no one sticks to the limit, its easily doubled plus!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.