Agnew Volvo Autoglym "Life shine" package:Is it worth it?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

loud n low

RMS Regular
Hi all,my Mum is picking up her car from Agnews next week,it's a 3 year old V40 and in fairness,has very good paintwork bar a few very small marks from age,with that in mind,is it worth the package they offer?Would she (me I suppose)be better going for an independent detailer to apply a protective coating?I was thinking of getting them to sort those small blemishes in order to proceed(I nipped out for a smoke and mum had signed the dotted line with no haggling although in fairness it was half the miles and twice the spec as the equivalent on Letterkenny so no real complaints).

What a your thoughts and experiences?

Cheers for the input.

loud n low

RMS Regular
OP
L
Yes,That's the thing I would only advise my mum to proceed IF they sorted out the small blemishes as part of the deal.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I was able to buy a Life Shine paint, glass and upholstery products for £20. Kinda shows the worth of the product.

I never used it as I've gone down a different route using different products. As mentioned above, if paying for protective coatings, I'd be going to @big_pete

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
There are a few pros and cons to it. Yes for a bit more money you could take it to a detailer and have a ceramic coating or something. Its not a dealership product, its an Autoglym product that the dealership offers. They do develop it and change it from time to time and the current carbon sheild protection is actually very good compared to previous versions.

And yes you might be able to get it on Ebay for 20 quid lmao, but you'll get the product and nothing else. When you take it through the dealership you recieve a lifetime guarantee from Autoglym for the length of time you own the car. Meaning if you spill something inside and it doesnt clean up like its supposed to then call autoglym and they sort it. same for the paint.

The one thing i would do though, is ensure that it has been properly applied. If it hasnt then Autoglym wont stand by the guarantee.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Bavarian use autoglym as well. As someone who sold it for 3yrs honestly I’d tell you Mum to save her money and take it to someone who will take time over the car and sort it.

The valeters honestly fly round them and don’t apply anything correctly. So even if the product is good, it doesn’t stand a chance as it’s not applied correctly.

Interior is meant to be on 24hrs before car goes to customers. Most seats are done 30minutes before collection. Exterior is something similar.

Not valeters fault, they have so many cars to do a day.

Last edited:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
My friend got it done foc in his deal for a new car ,and in fairness the interior product was a good job .he spilt something and it just sat on top and he wiped it up no problem.if you go to a detailer independently and you get a good price I suppose that’s a better option but sometimes they give out quotes and then charge considerably more when the cars picked up .there is quite a few to choose from depending where you are .

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Got it free with my car, the interior stuff does seem a good job...so far lol

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
One from a valeters point of view here. Id spend the money on a proper coating. I do lifeshine coatings for a dealership and 90% of the time i recieve the car hours before its going out, doesnt take long to apply properly but the cure time as with anything is what makes it last, generally 1-2hours for touch and 24hours before it can get wet or dirty/washed, Which generaly doesnt happen, customer is waiting in the showroom while the finishing touches is being done. Though not all valeters,/dealers have the same issue.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Depends on the car, it's size and condition but it starts at £350

All things considered the cost should be alot more, far too cheap, Ceramic coatings are the only job though, they are unreal and easy to keep :grinning:

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
All things considered the cost should be alot more, far too cheap, Ceramic coatings are the only job though, they are unreal and easy to keep :grinning:

Agreed but that's where the market over here has led prices. People only care about price now they don't care about experience or the fact we do such a high standard of work. It's been a disaster for us trying to compete when most people don't have the overheads we do lol That's why I told you to keep it as a hobby lol

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Agreed but that's where the market over here has led prices. People only care about price now they don't care about experience or the fact we do such a high standard of work. It's been a disaster for us trying to compete when most people don't have the overheads we do lol That's why I told you to keep it as a hobby lol
Yea I agree completely I'm more than happy with it part time lol.
It's crazy what people expect for absolute buttons, Over in the rest of the UK a good detailer is making an absolute fortune but typical N.Ireland attitude just drives the price down- and the "3 stage buffs for £50"

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Yea I agree completely I'm more than happy with it part time lol.
It's crazy what people expect for absolute buttons, Over in the rest of the UK a good detailer is making an absolute fortune but typical N.Ireland attitude just drives the price down- and the "3 stage buffs for £50"

Nail on the head. People also just assume because you are a business owner you have plenty of money lol I wish

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
The Yanks must be raking it in then. This lad charged $10k to do a full nut and bolt job on a BM. Well paid at £1000 I'd say...

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
The Yanks must be raking it in then. This lad charged $10k to do a full nut and bolt job on a BM. Well paid at £1000 I'd say...

84 hours he states at the end. Thats $120 per hour!

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
America is something else. I go out and do machine training and product development for a few different companies in the state's and their pricing structure is nuts lol

For something I would charge £500-600 for it's usually $4000 or so lol then the customer pays a 20% tip to the company and I have seen them go and tip the staff member that worked on the car too lol

Their correction work woukdnwobe of the same standard as it is in UK/Europe either.

Such an undervalued service here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.