Air Con Condensor

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jazzyrath3

Drives
Xsara Picasso
Hi everyone. Wife bought a 2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6 HDI a few week ago and long story short the Aircon condenser has a leak. I am looking for recommendations for someone to replace the condenser. It doesn't need regassed as it was Kwik Fit that discovered the leak and have given me a free regas. Many thanks for any assistance.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Greenway auto electrics.

To be honest anyone could replace the condenser if it's not needing regassed. I'd just double check it has a leak though having had Kwik fit tell me there was a leak in my system only to find out that they didn't even know where the fill points where on the car. And there wasn't a leak either!

belfastbrm

RMS Regular
Any good mechanic will be able to replace it. I'd make sure it was pressure tested using nitrogen before and after replacement to ensure it's sorted. Out of interest how much are quick fit charging for a recharge?

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
Very easy to do yourself, thereā€™s still probably a bit of pressure in the system. Before removing it, nip a fin with pliers and that such release any remaining pressure.

jazzyrath3

OP
jazzyrath3
Drives
Xsara Picasso
Any good mechanic will be able to replace it. I'd make sure it was pressure tested using nitrogen before and after replacement to ensure it's sorted. Out of interest how much are quick fit charging for a recharge?
They are charging Ā£59.95. Although as I had the car regassed and it leaked the manager said he would do a free one when the condenser was changed.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.