Air-Con Regassing?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Anyone recommend somewhere to get air con checked out/regassed in the Lisburn/Belfast area?

Cheers

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
As Coog says, there was a topic on this a while ago. My brother could sort you out mate. Send me a Pm if interested.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
OP
suckindiesel
Drives
A6 Allroad
Couldnt find anything decent on search - prefer someone mobile as have 2 cars to get looked at. Wheres your brother mate?

Jamie-Bora

RMS Regular
Drives
Bora TDI
Pm supermoto_77 of the site mate he does this,has done plenty of cars of the site. He also lives in lisburn

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
My bro also does this . Pm me your number and i'll get him to call you . he can call to your house no prob to do it .

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus TDCI
Thread revival...

I've managed some how to kill the Air Con in my Father-in-law's Astra 'G'

He bought one of those DIY re-gasing kits from Halfords and asked me to re-gas it.

'No problem' I said 'I'll do it when you're over on Sunday...'

So I followed the instructions and things were going fine, when the engine spluttered for a couple of seconds and the compressor switched off...

When I hit the switch in the car the orange light comes on, the fan comes inside the car, but the compressors dead.

Does anyone know someone that could call out to the house to have a look at it?

I've been getting ear ache from Mrs R about it all evening :mad:

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Oh Nasty! PM "Belfastbrm" on here, Hes my bro, he could have a look at it! Where you based?

belfastbrm

RMS Regular
Sounds like its overcharged and compressor seized or stalled. Have seen aircon compressors dropping engines so you need to be careful

Doovde

Banned
Drives
Nothing ford/VAG
DIY + Halfords = Instafail.

Have heard a lot of these kits going tits up rather quickly. Best to just take it to a pro and get it done, i don't think the re gassing is that much anyway?

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus TDCI
belfastbrm you have a PM.

Lesson learnt - a job for the experts. The kits instructions made it sound a doddle.

Getting so much chuffiing grief over it :broken_heart:

whyme?

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk IV Golf
Was there not a new law came in that you need to have a licence to handle R134a gas? I know I had to do a course in work and now have photo I.D to say I'm qualified. Didn't think Halfords could sell those kits anymore

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.