Aircon pipe needing mended

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

garyhaugh

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru impreza
Anyone know of someone that can mend air con pipes? Assuming with today's technology it can be fixed that is! My mark5 gt tdi air con pipe has lay against the fan belt or pulley and has a hole worn through it. Hoping there is a cheap and easy fix and doesn't need expensive replacement part

Fordo90

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 230
A sliver solder braze should fix it if you get it off the car

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If you have it removed from the car ( which obviously it would need to be ), any aircon installation type places should be able to repair it.

How much is a new pipe ?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Ring TPS for a new pipe, or ring a few breakers.

If you're pulling it off anyway, it would make more sense to replace it.

garyhaugh

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
subaru impreza
Haven't really had time to look at it myself, if a pipe doesn't cost a lot then I'll replace it, I just was told it could be all connected in such a way that I'd need to replace the whole system, obviously I was looking a cheaper option! Thanks anyway guys

colin84

RMS Regular
The cheapest and quickest way to repair it is to apply some quick steel, steel hard in 15mins.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.