Aircon problems.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

sherbuttgate

Drives
citroen picasso
My daughters aircon on her Mk.4 tdi golf has stopped working, the system is correctley gassed and the fans work when aircon button is pressed. Can anyone help with the possible cause of the problem. Regards, Viv..

Bazmcc

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Bora
could be either of the above.
I have a pump here from a TDI if you need one. I have all the other bits too including the AC radiator, pipes, etc.

sherbuttgate

OP
S
Drives
citroen picasso
aircon problems

could be either of the above.
I have a pump here from a TDI if you need one. I have all the other bits too including the AC radiator, pipes, etc.

Hi. Bazmcc;1807353. Many thanks for your advice. Is there any way of checking if the fault is with the pessure sensor before I invest in an aircon compresor. I could be interested in your compressor & presure sensor please email me vnewlove@yahoo.co.uk with a price delivered York. Regards, Viv..

Bazmcc

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Bora
First quick tests:
get it scanned on vag com and see if there's an obvious fault. It saves the guess work if it's something obvious. You might get a fault in the fans but sometimes this can come from a faulty high pressure switch too.

When you turn the aircon on look and see if the clutch in the center of the ac pump is spinning.

I'll try and find what pins can be bridged in the sensor/switch to turn the clutch on if it isn't working. The ac pumps very very rarely go wrong but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.