Aircon question

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Random question... is it OK to activate the aircon with no gas in the system? Reason why I ask is that the Jeep has bi-level control on the fans but it only works with aircon activated. I don't care about having aircon or cold air or any of that pish, its NI not the Costa Del Sol... but I don't want to cease anything up by switching it on without fluid/lubricant in it. The Jeep runs a single serpentine for all anciliaries so fairly important I don't sieze the condenser and snap the belt :p

The controller is similar to below, except when I slide to bi-level it also automatically turns the A/C on.

1.jpg

Mark_C

RMS Regular
The clutch on the pump will disengage when there is no gas, so it's safe enough. There is a pressure switch to tell it if there is sufficient gas or not.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Sweet. Roll on heat on the feet and into the cabin at once :laughing: :p

Cheers Mark (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.