Alarm going off for no reason, now hazards turning on whilst parked, please help

WoodWomble

Drives
Megane 1.9cd
Hi, I have a 55 megane 1.9cdi, dynamique. Last Sunday, after not being driven for a week, I drove the car and every time I parked up and locked it, when I came back the alarm was going off. I learnt about locking the car using the internal button and have been doing that. This morning I get up to find my hazard lights flashing and when trying to start the battery died. Got a jump lead start, drove for 10mins then parked up, locked it using internal button. 2 hours later notice hazards on again. Turned them off, drove onto my drive and hazards came on as I drove. Turned them off, they came back on whilst sat in the car with the engine off! I've left the blasted thing on the drive unlocked. Please can someone advise. I'm not technically minded when it comes to cars so any advice would need to be in detail rather than using slang or initials please TIA 🤪

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
My first point of call would be getting the battery checked, if it's ok it's way out it could cause strange behaviour.

RevT

RMS Regular
Very possible that one of the door shut, bonnet shut or boot shut sensors are faulty so it’s reading as if they’re open when they’re actually not.

WoodWomble

OP
W
Drives
Megane 1.9cd
Very possible that one of the door shut, bonnet shut or boot shut sensors are faulty so it’s reading as if they’re open when they’re actually not.
Thanks Trevor, where are the sensors on doors etc and would that be connected to the hazards problem or is that just coincidence?

RevT

RMS Regular
Your hazards will be your alarm going off, just without the siren.

If there are none visible on the door shuts near the check straps then they’ll be built into the latch.

The bonnet one should be obvious enough somewhere under the bonnet, it’ll be like a push in switch that will react when the weight of the bonnet is on it to show that it’s closed, if this was faulty then it’d be showing the security system as the bonnet has been opened while the car was locked and therefore set off the alarm.

The other things is you’ll have interior sensors somewhere up around the interior roofline probably at the front and above back quarters. If they’re faulty they’ll pick movement up inside the car when there isn’t and set off the alarm again.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Should be a switch to disarm the interior sensors in the car somewhere. Press that before locking and see if it's still playing up. That'll at least help you narrow down the problem.

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Not mentioned yet and not sure if it applies for Renault - similar thing with my merc start of the year. Could be the siren unit itself on the way out if everything else is 100%.
With my mk4 golf it was the bootlatch.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
Not mentioned yet and not sure if it applies for Renault - similar thing with my merc start of the year. Could be the siren unit itself on the way out if everything else is 100%.
With my mk4 golf it was the bootlatch.
exactly the same, had it with a merc 320 and it was the back up battery, the secondary one under the bonnet scuttle panel which had gone flat. It was nothing to do with the main one as the secondary battery is for the accessories and it had gone flat. once that was changed out, job done. from memory it was about the size of a motorbike battery, or maybe even was a motorbike battery they use for it.

Either main battery, or if those cars even have a secondary smaller battery. definitely sounds like that's what's happened.