Alfa pasta bolognese 1750

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Glad to get rid of the ML, and yet again I've bought another petrol with a bit of poke.

I started the search for a 5 door, auto, petrol, 2016+ and 200bhp + within a budget, and that narrowed a search from 3000 cars down to around 20 in Norn Iron, cos I wasn't going to drive the ML to a dealer across the water.

Headed up on Saturday to Mallusk early doors to look at an “immaculate" black golf R. Mmmmmm, glad I didn't have far to come, I'll leave it at that. Headed over to VW and Alfa for a nosey. It was coin toss over a gti or this. Once the dealer mentioned a 3 year warranty, a rare car , and looking over it to see how clean it was, it was time take it for a run. Great craic and reminded me so much of the JCW mini I had back in 2006. Nothing like the R or S3s, they are solid, steady motors, this can only be best described as "enaging" with a bit or torque steer thrown in for fun.

Anyhow, it's home now
Sept 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.75 TBi 240 Veloce 5dr TCT- Same engine as the 4C :grinning: and weighs about 1300kg
Oh and warranty until Sept 2022. Not that I’ll ever see that with this.

alfa_wheels.jpg
alfa_front.jpg
alfa_inside.jpg
alfa-seats.jpg
alfa_side.jpg
alfa.jpg

Last edited:

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
Health to drive Sir! Looking forward to seeing it at the weekend!

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Wife has the 170hp petrol one, had it 4 years now and struggling to find a replacement that's as good value for money... Paid £9k for it with just over 10k miles ...

I'd love to have got her the 240 so I could have it for a wee rip!

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
Yeah, wish i’d paid 9k , I know depreciation will kick it hard but for now I’ll have some fun and see how it goes

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
I'm getting the dealer to replace the clover leaf badges as they have discoloured, but I'm thinking of just taking them off given the idiots running about this country. Yeah/Neah ?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I'm getting the dealer to replace the clover leaf badges as they have discoloured, but I'm thinking of just taking them off given the idiots running about this country. Yeah/Neah ?

Leave them on.

They're probably discoloured due to previous owner using harsh TFR. It would do no harm sticking a ceramic coat on them, or even an extra coat of lacquer, as they're obviously prone to fading as standard!

Just ask the dealer to supply the badges and fit them yourself after sorting that.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That's very very nice, love the seats! Good to be different from the norm and not likely to pass many more on the roads.

Health to drive (y)

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
Need to get my PIA plate on it, but it could be a few weeks given Swansea are backed up with new car registrations at this time of the year. I'm in no rush