Alfa pasta bolognese 1750

KevM

RMS Regular
I'm getting the dealer to replace the clover leaf badges as they have discoloured, but I'm thinking of just taking them off given the idiots running about this country. Yeah/Neah ?

I’m voting to remove.
We had the Quadrifoglio sitting beside the showroom all day and within an hour had the ‘WTF has that car got shamrocks on it for mate?!’

It’s easier just to delete and protect your paintwork from idiot-attack....

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
I’m voting to remove.
We had the Quadrifoglio sitting beside the showroom all day and within an hour had the ‘WTF has that car got shamrocks on it for mate?!’

It’s easier just to delete and protect your paintwork from idiot-attack....
: unamused:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
It's an old platform now, based on the Fiat Stilo, but is well developed in the Guilietta. We have a petrol Stilo and 2 Bravo's in the house, one 1.4 Turbo Petrol and a 1.9 Diesel which I share with my son. They are a bit short on suspension travel but they are as good if not better than anything in the same class, definitely more character than their rivals. The 1.4 Turbo petrols are class, very light due to the size of the engine and feels up on it's toes much more than the diesel.

The interior in yours looks great, nice place to be. Health to Enjoy. (y)

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
This popped up on my Facebook feed. Just FYI.

4092DFC2-1013-4BA9-9AC7-6EA416CC13FC.png

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
How can the Cloverleaf cause antagonism? Stunned by this. Anyone asking 'here mate what are these doing?' Should be shot on the spot and their bodies left hanging from the nearest lamppost.
Do 'westies' get wound up about the tail lights on minis?

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
Chatting to the dealer he has had more than one person asking why he had shamrocks fitted. @rupertfinch. And i havent been the only person back for badge replacement. Cheaper to replace than repair. Our wee country i guess

Gavlar

RMS Regular
I'd keep them on, always look out for them when I see an Alfa to see if it's a special model. I had an MG years ago (owned for 6 years) with union jack/chequered flag badges and never had any hassle, that car was everywhere

Last edited:

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Will they not now just think”ohh look a prod has bought an Alfa and removed the shamrocks”
and wreck the car ? :joy:

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Chatting to the dealer he has had more than one person asking why he had shamrocks fitted. @rupertfinch. And i havent been the only person back for badge replacement. Cheaper to replace than repair. Our wee country i guess

I have had this as well, they soon shut up when you ask them how many leaves a shamrock has (MONGS) there is no way i am removing them, the history behind the four leaf clover is great.

More Than Luck: Quadrifoglio Badge

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
very happy with the wee car..never spotted the signature in the headlights until yesterday.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_10ca.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_10ca.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 197
  • fullsizeoutput_10cc.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_10cc.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 167
  • fullsizeoutput_10ce.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_10ce.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 182

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
@NickR85 Not as solid as the R or either of the s3’s on the road, or build. I had a blast in @cbr600 R yesterday and confirmed again that the Alfa is more akin to a JCW mini or a Clio. A lot lighter, a bit more road noise and a great chuck ability factor. It’s ticking all the boxes at the minute . Handy parked, big enough boot, fun to drive and haven’t seen too many about.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
Car has been back to dealer once already due to an intermittent issue thats happened 4 times now in 5 weeks. No fault codes logged. Stutters and splutters. Not good when wifey is crossing a junction 8-(
I get its hard to diagnose being intermittent with no codes logged. But certainly has taken the shine off the car after just over a month.....going back in again

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Crap that they cant track it. Mis-read that it was 4 visits but still should be traceable by driving it and looking at the live data on a laptop.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Anything on the Alfa 4C or 159 forums about similar issues, with the engine being across models?

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
Crap that they cant track it. Mis-read that it was 4 visits but still should be traceable by driving it and looking at the live data on a laptop.
I'd need a logger on for a week, as its intermittent. Maybe get it for 20 seconds in a week. Always in the morning when wifey is taking the wee one to nursery, so once in 5 days (less than a mile away). I'd thought it was a fuelling issue with the car being cold, but it could be the autobox /clutch..fed up te fa...Hopefully not a repeat of the merc pain in the hole.