All Electric Jaguar I-Pace BEV on Test

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
See the blog feature on this - When it comes to performance SUV's, there are several I could think of that would easily tick all the boxes, this Jaguar wasn't one of them, until I got a drive that is.

Welcome to the Jaguar I-Pace, priced from £60,995. The I-Pace claimed an historic treble at the 2019 World Car Awards... Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Marc

RMS Moderator
I had a spin in this very car a few weeks back, really goes like stink! I’d say it’s very comparable to the M3 in acceleration, especially in this weather.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I was actually surprised that Range Rover aren't applying the same tech to the Evoque or Velar, given the praise the I-Pace is getting especially against the Model X or Model S Teslas.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
I was actually surprised that Range Rover aren't applying the same tech to the Evoque or Velar, given the praise the I-Pace is getting especially against the Model X or Model S Teslas.

New MLA platform now in pre-production which will allow for ICE or electrification of the main models. Full EV only cars usually have a chassis dedicated for that purpose but harder to fit full EV into older style platforms.

JLR also going big into EDU production in UK with BMWs EV drive system. The current rate of change to EV has all the big companies maxed out on their EV production capacities as they scale up and switch over from ICE.

EVANI

RMS Regular
Drives
Electric
" this vehicle which has not only opened my eyes to, but also changed my thoughts on the future of electrical motoring."

Nice one ;)

If only more people could get to spend time in a modern EV they would be converted too. Thanks for the write up 👍

M.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
My boss, who lives just outside Harrogate has got one of these.

It replaced an XF.

So far he loves it, though his negative points so far are:

Ride is quite a bit harsher than the XF

All too often fast chargers are out of order.

But so far overall he loves it. I haven't been in it yet,,but should be interesting.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
The price.... The price is lolwtf

EVs need to have at the very least price parity or be significantly cheaper than the IC versions to gain market traction.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
The price.... The price is lolwtf

EVs need to have at the very least price parity or be significantly cheaper than the IC versions to gain market traction.
Leasing......

I don't know the exact figures, but he says it costs less to lease than his XF did.

In saying that, he had a 40k miles/annum lease on the XF, he just went for 20k on the I pace

Shmern

RMS Regular
Drives
VX220 NA
Also in regard to the price of the vehicle, you have to consider the running costs, these will cost a LOT less to run that ICE cars, compare a 5 year cost and things should be clearer, but having said that some of these cars ARE VERY expensive. Price is dropping with cars like the MG ZS EV etc.... (Circa £21k)