All rounder wax

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
My trusty tin of Naviwax Ultimate has finally ran out after a little over 4 years and I'm sure well into the hundreds of coats applied.

Anyone recommend anything in particular to replace it with?

Loved Navi because I could have a coat applied in half an hour, gave good results and lasted well enough, so preferably something with similar features.

Will be used as a quick wax, so nothing awkward/slow to use.

Cheers

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Would you not get another tub of Navi?

Autobrite Obsession or Addiction sells well for us. We still sell loads of Navi as well though.

Nothing I have used is as easy worked with as Navi, although it doesn't last as long as some of the other harder waxes.

Ian A

RMS Regular
OP
Ian A
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Would you not get another tub of Navi?

Autobrite Obsession or Addiction sells well for us. We still sell loads of Navi as well though.

Nothing I have used is as easy worked with as Navi, although it doesn't last as long as some of the other harder waxes.

Definitely would get another tub, but I really haven't kept up with all things detailing lately so just seeing if there's anything else similar/better out there.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
image.jpg

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I think Naviwax is over rated but that's only my opinion. My mate used it on his car after i done mine and he needs to redo his already.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Yes, but how often does he wash his car? How many miles does he do? What does he wash it with? What was on the car before he put the naviwax on it? All these and more will impact how long the wax lasts.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
I use 50cal Pentawax, Nuviwax Ultimate, Kleen Freaks Liquid Wax, shine99 and out of all nuvi and kleen freaks are easiest to use but 50cal layer lasts the longest from my experience! Best combo I found was Nuviwax sealant and 50cal wax!

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Yes, but how often does he wash his car? How many miles does he do? What does he wash it with? What was on the car before he put the naviwax on it? All these and more will impact how long the wax lasts.

I do a lot more miles. We both use the same anachem stuff from Ross. I reckon both probably prepped the same as there is only a month between them when we bought them. I would also wash mine a bit more not much.

I agree with what you are saying but he has used Naviwax for a long time and would say the Fusso99 is longer lasting.

Andy55

RMS Regular
I use 50cal Pentawax, Nuviwax Ultimate, Kleen Freaks Liquid Wax, shine99 and out of all nuvi and kleen freaks are easiest to use but 50cal layer lasts the longest from my experience! Best combo I found was Nuviwax sealant and 50cal wax!

How do you rate the durability of the Kleen freaks liquid wax? Was going to order a bottle with their detailer but hadn't heard any reports about it so held off

Reactions: dub

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
Valentines Road and Track, ProCar sell it

quite possibly the worst wax ive ever used i gave a full tub away after 3 tries .

if your after regular used wax try the nattys paste range easy on off even in sunlight , im also a fan of the soft 99 king of gloss and authentic even the dark is good just a tad dusty , have some limited edition autobrite waxes too which are brilliant

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
have some limited edition autobrite waxes too which are brilliant

We have a few of the Autobrite waxes in stock and they're getting good feedback, Obsession, Addiction and then the green and cream CCE special edition which smells like choc pops!

Topmark

RMS Regular
In the market for a good all rounder wax at the min - are these still the best...

Naviwax Ultimate, 50Cal Penta Wax?

Want something good quality, long lasting and not to cost the earth. The last time I did this I think I used a Turtle Wax product. While at the time I was impressed with the results, I'm aware there's much better out there these days.

Would love your recommendations.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Have tried navi,meguairs,turtle wax and a couple of others since

I keep going back to the collonite waxes

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.