All rounder wax

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
In the market for a good all rounder wax at the min - are these still the best...

Naviwax Ultimate, 50Cal Penta Wax?

Want something good quality, long lasting and not to cost the earth. The last time I did this I think I used a Turtle Wax product. While at the time I was impressed with the results, I'm aware there's much better out there these days.

Would love your recommendations.

Fireball Fusion wax is unreal.

But worth looking into some of the liquid sealant type products as Pete mentioned, I have a couple of options if that interests you.

Topmark

RMS Regular
@big_pete Certainly seems impressive from what I've read just briefly there now. Hard to shake the old skool mentality of hand finishing a car. But times change I suppose.

Do you still use a polish before? Or simply clean the car and then apply? I assume the solution leaves the shine the polish would help to achieve.

@Woodcutter will send you a pm out of curiosity! Thanks :grinning:

Sam981

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhall
I love my navi wax,Easy used and easy off. I've been toying with something new when the navi is finished. There's to much choice on the market these days for car cleaning products.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I love my navi wax,Easy used and easy off. I've been toying with something new when the navi is finished. There's to much choice on the market these days for car cleaning products.

It's a multi million pound industry, apparently N.Ireland spend the most on car cleaning products within the U.K.

Disclaimer - not my quote I read it in a car magazine.

Topmark

RMS Regular
There really is, it makes it so difficult to settle on one. Good thing I suppose.

@jonny_w I'd well believe that. I think there's lots of a car enthusiast related facts about this country that would surprise people. Around the time WRC came to Ireland, it was said that Ireland had more WRC spec cars than any other country in the world. We have a huge car culture!

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
That's correct. At the peak Ireland/NI had the highest number of ex works WR car entry's in rallies. Top 20 cars regularly and the record from memory on one event was 31 WRC's.

Reactions: DC.

Topmark

RMS Regular
After an evening of multiple-forum searching, YouTubing and more, I've decided on Naviwax Ultimate. Brilliant reviews, copious beading pictures (enough to last a life time), durable and long-lasting seems to be the general consensus.

Now, where can I buy this at the best price? Surprisingly not that easy to find online ^o)

chunkerz

RMS Regular
Drives
A3
After an evening of multiple-forum searching, YouTubing and more, I've decided on Naviwax Ultimate. Brilliant reviews, copious beading pictures (enough to last a life time), durable and long-lasting seems to be the general consensus.

Now, where can I buy this at the best price? Surprisingly not that easy to find online ^o)

Tons on eBay

Jonny_W

RMS Regular

Don't want to burst your bubble but the beading doesn't last that long.

Stuarty1984

RMS Regular
I was actually looking a new wax for the car as I only ever used poorboys natty blue on my last few cars, so are we saying that hard/paste waxes can be done without now and replaced by liquid spray on sealants? I have @Big Pimp 's ultragloss here, but assumed that a paste would still be better once in a while and maybe topped up with the ultragloss in between applications or something?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I was actually looking a new wax for the car as I only ever used poorboys natty blue on my last few cars, so are we saying that hard/paste waxes can be done without now and replaced by liquid spray on sealants? I have @Big Pimp 's ultragloss here, but assumed that a paste would still be better once in a while and maybe topped up with the ultragloss in between applications or something?
Yes mate, and bang for buck, I cannot fault the bilt hamber wax.

£15 for a tub which is easy on, easy off, gives lovely beading / sheeting, is chemical resistant and will last a minimum if 3-5 months.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.