Alloy polishing

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chris0

RMS Regular
AJ Polishing towards Lisburn did a set of wheels for me which came up well but he also does a range of car parts

flame

RMS Regular
Another vote for @polishingalloys
Michael did these wheels for me and they were perfect
IMG_4038.JPG

IMG_4040.JPG

Marc

RMS Moderator
Same here, he has done a few sets for me and friends, always 2 or 3 days, was able to do a set within a day for me once, but I had booked them in with him a week or 2 before hand.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
If I was to farm it out EJ Polishing for me too. Did bike parts for us over the years (everything from rough cast to factory polish needing redone) and was flawless.

I've seen a lot from the other lad mentioned and it wouldn't be to my standards.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
If I was to farm it out EJ Polishing for me too. Did bike parts for us over the years (everything from rough cast to factory polish needing redone) and was flawless.

I've seen a lot from the other lad mentioned and it wouldn't be to my standards.

It might have been you that told me about EJ years ago. I got a load of Honda bike bits done up there and they were fantastic. Some were in a bad way before going and he was told just to do the best he can with them, and they were better than new with their mirror finish (y)

Jonny1992

RMS Regular
Drives
too much
ej polishing in lisburn would get my vote he done a set of wheels for me in two days i wasnt expecting them back for a week

also wouldnt go near polished alloys again after ******* up a set of wheels i sent to him and the wheels of a few different people i know through out the car scene

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Have to say my experience of polishing alloys is like those above, mixed. I've seen work from there that is great buy I've also seen some quite poor work as well. For me it was enough to go else where. I know some will say that Michael will do them again if you don't think they're right however they shouldn't need done again. Or that's my opinion anyway.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Seem to be mixed reviews about Michael. A set he done for me had awful paint runs.

He did them again and they were spot on however moisture got under the paint and it was flaking off less than a year later.

I guess that other alloy refurb places have their off days too though.

RCT

RMS Regular
Seem to be mixed reviews about Michael. A set he done for me had awful paint runs.

He did them again and they were spot on however moisture got under the paint and it was flaking off less than a year later.

I guess that other alloy refurb places have their off days too though.

Being in the car trade I've used lots of places and never had any issues with Nuluk/Lester etc, but did have issues with this person. I only used polishing alloys once and it will be the last time. When I said about it on here before, I was told things had changed since, but sadly it doesn't look like it.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Being in the car trade I've used lots of places and never had any issues with Nuluk/Lester etc, but did have issues with this person. I only used polishing alloys once and it will be the last time. When I said about it on here before, I was told things had changed since, but sadly it doesn't look like it.[/QUOTE
No it hasn't ,

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.