Alloy wheel offsets/fitment guide

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
gotta agree with siilver on this one, first ones bit crazy.

But good effort, tis somethin thats handy to have a note of

Peter

dirty dave

RMS Regular
Drives
peugeot 205 gti
Have a 02 150 pd golf lowered 35mm with bbs montys want the wheels to sit flush or even poke out a bit for a better stance. Never used spacers before and need some advice. This is a daily driver so don't want to mess with the arches. Can anyone tell me what size to go for? Or even got pics?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
What size and width are the wheels? What offset are they? What size of tyres are you running?

dirty dave

RMS Regular
Drives
peugeot 205 gti
16'' bbs montreals. width no clue! dont know about offset. will find out tyre size at lunch. sorry this is new to me as i never mess with the wheels on my cars. lol

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Would need to know the offset of the wheels, or else it'll just be a guessing game.

Taking a look at the wheels on the car, you should have an idea as to how far out they need to come yourself.

iancampbell

RMS Member
Drives
Minis / ZR / MGB
ok - this is a totally stupid question but bear with me.
My daily driver is a 2004 MG ZR on standard 17s (35mm offset). I want to change the wheels to fill the arches and don't want to go with spacers. If the offset is a smaller number will it set the wheel closer to the hub (and therefore rub) or is the other way round???
Cheers

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Other way round (y)

Lower number = further out. Negative number like ET-10 would mean the lip of you rims would sit out 45mm further than where they are now, providing you go for a wheel the same width.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
If your wheels are 7 inches wide with an offset of ET35 and you go for an 8 inch wide wheel with the same offset, the extra inch of width is divided either side (inside and outside of the wheel), so technically they will sit out half an inch more than your original 7 inch rims.

If you are still unsure of what I mean, I've a picture here that explains it a whole lot better than what I can...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.