Alloy Wheel Refurb?

Sam888

RMS Member
Anybody got a contact number for polishing alloys? That's the guy in Ballymena isn't it?

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
Tell me this, has anyone on here ever used Marky's Alloys in Lisburn? I have a 50% off voucher here for them but I don't know much about their work etc

tim

RMS Regular
Tell me this, has anyone on here ever used Marky's Alloys in Lisburn? I have a 50% off voucher here for them but I don't know much about their work etc
That's has alarms ringing all over.

Perhaps if it was a gift voucher

Otherwise I'd stay away from anyone willing to cut their price in half.

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
That's has alarms ringing all over.

Perhaps if it was a gift voucher

Otherwise I'd stay away from anyone willing to cut their price in half.

It was a raffle prize from a show last year in Lisburn (can't remember exactly which one) so I never thought much of it tbh. The reason I ask is my wheels need a refurb anyway and I'd planned to get stuck into them over winter but I found the voucher in a drawer last night and noticed there was no expiry date on it so thought I would ask lol

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Recently got my daily wheels refurbed in shadow chrome at @polishingalloys last week.

What can I say. Service was absolutely amazing. Left the car Wednesday and picked up Friday and I was kept up to date with the progress all the way.

No hesitation to reccomend them to anyone. And keenly priced too

44ED25F5-2793-4007-9671-1F50CA256EB4.jpeg
FF6900ED-97C7-4FEE-84C6-EE966831DA82.jpeg
CB1E2CEF-1B53-4158-9398-5EA53A1764CA.jpeg
D6CDF794-647F-4F0A-AE58-35F484A3B7C8.jpeg

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Recently got my daily wheels refurbed in shadow chrome at @polishingalloys last week.

What can I say. Service was absolutely amazing. Left the car Wednesday and picked up Friday and I was kept up to date with the progress all the way.

No hesitation to reccomend them to anyone. And keenly priced too

View attachment 177652 View attachment 177653 View attachment 177654 View attachment 177655
They nineteens? I’ve a spare front with a small crack if you want to get it fixed for a spare.

AndyG

RMS Regular
Nice one! How long did that take end to end?
Probably about 2 hours prep and around the same painting with 2 of us at it with a few breaks and time between coats. 2 cans of silver and one of laquer although I’d have went with more laquer if I was doing it again.
Rubbed kerb marks out with 120 grit then the whole wheel with 400

Pretty chuffed with them for the money!

brendy

RMS Regular

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Probably about 2 hours prep and around the same painting with 2 of us at it with a few breaks and time between coats. 2 cans of silver and one of laquer although I’d have went with more laquer if I was doing it again.
Rubbed kerb marks out with 120 grit then the whole wheel with 400

Pretty chuffed with them for the money!

Class! I have an old set of motreal2s I could do with refurbing, did you get the sandpaper from ebay or what? Any particular brand of paint?

You went shadow chrome with him too :grinning:

Yeah I did! Thought it would look well with lemans blue! I wasn't wrong, but now I'm wanting to get spacers which defeats the purpose of a cheap daily lol

AndyG

RMS Regular
Class! I have an old set of motreal2s I could do with refurbing, did you get the sandpaper from ebay or what? Any particular brand of paint?
I just went to Halfords and got it all mate, was the only place open when I decided to do it but with the trade card it still only worked out at £24 with Simoniz paint.

Could probably get it cheaper from Euro with a discount code though but Halfords was too handy

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

Yeah I did! Thought it would look well with lemans blue! I wasn't wrong, but now I'm wanting to get spacers which defeats the purpose of a cheap daily lol

Brand new 10mm Eibachs here (y).