Alloy Wheel Refurb?

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
038CCB67-7B26-4597-B5D8-B0AD2817A051.jpeg
4C5E2DB9-44A6-4DC8-8AC9-BC37866B6326.jpeg

We just had a set of Mercedes wheels powder coated black and lacquered by Maine Surface Finishing in Dunloy. Really impressed. £60 + VAT per wheel, quick turnaround and a good job. The finish is tough!

panel123

Hi
have god time
Nu Luk seems to be a bit more expensive than the other 2, but i've never heard bad reports on any of them.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Guys would you be put off with repaired alloys? im looking at a set and both front wheels have been professionally repaired and the car doesn't shake on the road. Would if decrease the value of the wheels ? thanks

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Not in the slightest - most alloys are going to have a repair at some stage in their lives.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
personally I would rather my wheels didnt have a weld on them. unless I knew someone really good did the work maybe. But it would still niggle me.
Yea it isn't ideal. I will be getting them refurbed at some point so I can as Jason (stirrup) to check them out

genman

G
years ago Lester engineering welded a wheel on my GTO. . perfect job and coped fine over pot holes etc

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
To save starting yet another thread.....

Wheel refurb in the antrim/ballyclare/larne/carrick sorta area?

Nulook are not an option, I've found cobra customs and nu finish but is there any more to get a quote from?

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I'd say Cobra are worth a look in those areas. I wouldn't let Nu Finish do a finger painting for me.

You also have the likes of Lester Engineering in Lisburn (they may have a new name) or Polished Alloys in Belfast.

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
I'd say Cobra are worth a look in those areas. I wouldn't let Nu Finish do a finger painting for me.

You also have the likes of Lester Engineering in Lisburn (they may have a new name) or Polished Alloys in Belfast.

Used Michael a few times before, great work but he’s a bit outta my way.
I’ve sent cobra a message too.
Cheers

richie_mck

RMS Regular
They look fantastic. Are they dearer or how come you didn’t use them for the 330 wheels too?

Yeah he was more expensive but the finish is flawless, the bm winter wheels just didn’t need to be just as immaculate

@Andy888 the barrels were pretty bad in places too so he did well to leave them like that

richie_mck

RMS Regular
For anyone needing wheels done, cobra customs have an offer on until 31st Jan, £180 refurb up to 19". I fired over a set today so will see if they come out as good as before.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
For anyone needing wheels done, cobra customs have an offer on until 31st Jan, £180 refurb up to 19". I fired over a set today so will see if they come out as good as before.

For a set? Is that just powder coating in one colour do you know?

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Yeah for a set and I’d imagine one colour, I had to remind him of the deal though :monkey:

Didn’t see the + VAT bit but still not bad

View attachment 221124

Might give them a shout as I want the diamond cuts on the M3 painted.

Although they are a dark grey colour at the back so ideally will need two colours but will give them a shout :grinning:

3828E5B9-EC89-4DA4-8EA0-9779EA8FDF15.jpeg

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S

Just wondering if you had got the wheels back from Cobra Customs yet and what you thought of the finish? Have a set of 4 19” wheels needing a colour change.

colin84

RMS Regular
I thought the offer looked good, but it was +vat, and you could only leave the wheels only.

I got some wheels done that were in a seriously bad condition by Micheal @ polished alloys, and for a reasonable price. I will update with some pictures. He done a cracking job on them.