Alloy Wheel Refurb?

Bronk

RMS Regular
Anyone used bodywork NI

I’ve have seen on FB they put in some new automated Rader repair system and just curious if it’s any good.

seen that myself, they are based out the road from me but havnt seen of their work.

JackMO

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI
Guys, any recommendations in the north coast area for the following?

The wheels on my Golf, cut and painted, have been refurbed at a stage. The polished outers (rotor segments) have obviously picked up kurbing at a stage and when they were refurbed they've been filled and sprayed instead of being cut to the original finish. Can this be re cut, and if so who can do it? Is it pricey to have done? Maybe when I'm at that length, I should get the black sprayed too.

Picture for reference:
71z5hQ-VHrL._AC_SL1449_.jpg

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Does @polishingalloys paint as well as powder coat? Looking a set done but haven't been impressed with powder coat in the past and think I'd like to stick with a painted finish

polishingalloys

RMS Trader
Drives
subaru impreza
Pretty sure he only does paint.
Just for clear situation. The we do oem finish same as coming out from factory and we use powder coat primer wet base and acrylic powder coat lacquer no like powder coater company. The we use automotive approve paint ams full system to make sure is oem finish.
Powder coat is for industrial not for wheels.
Hope that explain everything

JackMO

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI
Just for clear situation. The we do oem finish same as coming out from factory and we use powder coat primer wet base and acrylic powder coat lacquer no like powder coater company. The we use automotive approve paint ams full system to make sure is oem finish.
Powder coat is for industrial not for wheels.
Hope that explain everything

Can you see my above post and advise? Thanks!

polishingalloys

RMS Trader
Drives
subaru impreza
Diamond cut finish Alloys mean have to be fully stripped repaint cnc machined and clear coated.
We not do half job like some company's sanded down or wet blasted cnc machined and clear coated as that are not right and not last long. I need see personally wheels due your Alloys was done once and in that type of finish we are limited to do diamond cut.
Please note we only cover 12 months warranty on fully coated wheels and no warranty on diamond cut or polished wheels. This is in line with wheel manufactures guarantees. Diamond cut wheels are not covered for mechanical or chemical damage. As you have kerbed the wheels you have opened up a pathway for water ingress, chemical ingress and road salts. This will.start the filiform corrosion process very evident on diamond cut wheels. We have remanufactured new wheels as low as 4 months old as the break in the lacquer results in filiform corrosion. Even wheel manufactures dont guarantee against mechanical damage. Please also note you may not be able to see small microscopic stone chips however these also allow water ingress, accelerated by chemical degradation during the cleaning process and road salts which all contribute towards filiform corrosion. We only guarantee paint defects which this clearly isn't and have never had any paint defects since we opened our business as we follow a full OE paint process for Alloy wheels. We are happy to process your wheels again for you however we cannot discount it as we have to follow the same OE process we followed last time. Diamond cut wheels look great however these are the issues and limitations they pose when the lacquer breaks. Thanks in advance. Michael.

61_Vert

RMS Regular
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
David McIntyre, New Mills Road, can do it in Coleraine, a picture of mine re-cut and two tone painted, changed from anthracite to piano black and retaining the diamond cut

before and after... £75 per wheel and they needed extensive welding to fill in very deep gouges. i cant fault the job at all. that price included fitting and balancing of tyres

kerbed.jpg

black_geminis1.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Can a wheel be fixed without needing paint ? And where if so ?
I've spotted a small dent on the inner rim of one of my OEM wheels and would like to avoid paint if possible. Tyre is holding air etc so it's not major damage, in fact it's hardly noticeable but I'd still like it sorted if possible.

polishingalloys

RMS Trader
Drives
subaru impreza
I've spotted a small dent on the inner rim of one of my OEM wheels and would like to avoid paint if possible. Tyre is holding air etc so it's not major damage, in fact it's hardly noticeable but I'd still like it sorted if possible.
Yes all is possible. But all is depend how bad is etc. Usually every alloy wheels company trying do best what can and not damage paint but u have take option paint or so be slightly damge and is not cos someone don't care.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Yes all is possible. But all is depend how bad is etc. Usually every alloy wheels company trying do best what can and not damage paint but u have take option paint or so be slightly damge and is not cos someone don't care.
It's a very slight dent on the inside lip , hardly noticeable really.
I'm not sure on the straightening process so wonder if it being the inside rim , I wouldn't mind marking the paint in there as long as the paint on the face of the wheel was ok.

polishingalloys

RMS Trader
Drives
subaru impreza
If that are in back of the rim is impossible to mark front of face or so only if someone don't care about customer. For that type of job we not even need touch face of the rim.so is impossible to damge

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs

My friend had 2 massive dents on the inside of her alloy and Alloy Wheel Repair Company in Dundonald were able to rectify without paint. Really good job 👍

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Neil at A27 in tandragee has taken a few dents out of rims for me over the years, without ever needing paint.
I took one dented wheel during the summer to Custom Finish on the Moira Road outside Lisburn. They fixed it, but clearly used a lot of heat as a large area of paint had bubbled and flaked off.
Lesson learned - always ask if the wheel will be damaged first.
Cooks

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
@polishingalloys what is the turn around time like? I need 2 wheels done on the wifes grand Picasso but it doesn't have a spare so would plan on taking the car of the road and chuck them both in.