Alloy Wheel Refurb?

Tigger 172

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 172
Just rang around few places -

The refurb in shadow-chrome idea has went down like a lead balloon :worried:
Not because of prices but I'm told the colour isn't ideal for everyday use due to
the way the wheels would be painted to get the required finish

Tigger 172

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 172
Knowsit :party: I'm thinking Ace 198s ;)

keep the ones I have and get them touched up for a winter set maybe - Ace 198s not as common so will look "Ace" :cool:

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
kooldude said:
Were is ... BELFAST ALLOY WHEEL REPAIRS
Unit 27 , New City Business Park (formerly Derriaghy Ind. Est.)
Dunmurry BT17 9HU
(90) 600 181
(07791) 750380

Same day repairs on buckles and cracks. (y)

dazerc

Drives
Astra mk4 GSI
Do any of the alloy refurb places give u loan wheels to drive around while ur alloys are getting worked on? or do you just leave your car with them? as i need all 4 of my wheels done as the previous owner kerbed them a bit.
Thanks

tim

RMS Regular
dont think so mate, althou not a bad idea. Just get yourself up to the local scrappy's n ask for 4 steelies with legal tread shudnt be more than £20-30

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
AWRC's work has gone drasticly downhill in my opinion, we've had a few sets done by them before and they have been top notch for little money. However Im just about to pick up my mothers 17" 5 Series wheels for the 5th time because paint keeps flaking off and the paintwork in general has been utterly crap, possibly rushing the prep work. I could honestly say they went in, in a better state than they came out. Bar comes obvious minor kerbing. Ill be taking my business to Nuluk wheels in carrick in future.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
fatboyslim said:
AWRC's work has gone drasticly downhill in my opinion, we've had a few sets done by them before and they have been top notch for little money. However Im just about to pick up my mothers 17" 5 Series wheels for the 5th time because paint keeps flaking off and the paintwork in general has been utterly crap, possibly rushing the prep work. I could honestly say they went in, in a better state than they came out. Bar comes obvious minor kerbing. Ill be taking my business to Nuluk wheels in carrick in future.

And I'll tell you the most likely reason why. The partnership split up, the other half of which is now BWARC (Belfast). I'll not say on a public forum why tho.

tim

RMS Regular
Well actually, AWRC maybe cheap and maybe alright when they are fresh. But look at the volks wheels mr.venom got refurbed by them, that he was overly so happy about.....

seen them at the lurgan park rally and all bubbling and look like fecked all squared

nu luk does what it says on the tin. makes wheel look like new, and stay that way.

there have been a quite a few people on rms that hav had their wheels repaired elsewhere and in the end because of the crap finish they go to nu luk to do it right.

why else would the likes of porsche etc.. all send their wheels to them to get done at nu luk. they send them their because they are the best.

peter_261

RMS Regular
Drives
CBR600 :D
Slideordie said:
And I'll tell you the most likely reason why. The partnership split up, the other half of which is now BWARC (Belfast). I'll not say on a public forum why tho.

eh???my dad runs belfast alloy wheel repairs,and he was never in any partnership with awrc.he just worked there at the start to get them on their feet.
And yes,AWRC's work has went downhill,as far as mickeys concerned, "F**K the quality,its the quantity you want,get them in and get them out!!!"

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
peter_261 said:
eh???my dad runs belfast alloy wheel repairs,and he was never in any partnership with awrc.he just worked there at the start to get them on their feet.
And yes,AWRC's work has went downhill,as far as mickeys concerned, "F**K the quality,its the quantity you want,get them in and get them out!!!"

OK, well you're Dad lied to me then. I presume your dad is the smaller fella, rather than the big plump guy at BAWRC? I had a three piece wheel rebuilt at AWRC ages ago and the fella that did it said that he was going out on his own as he was fed up with the other fellas poor work and lack of interest. So he gave me his mobile number so I could get him in the future.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
tim said:
Well actually, AWRC maybe cheap and maybe alright when they are fresh. But look at the volks wheels mr.venom got refurbed by them, that he was overly so happy about.....

seen them at the lurgan park rally and all bubbling and look like fecked all squared

Only two of the four rims on my car were resprayed by AWRC. The other two were borderline and i touched them in myself. But im sure the ones you looked at was AWRCs handywork and not my own with the championship white touch-up pen i'm so expert in wielding.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Wheels in motion...East Belfast 02890797948 Cheap and do an excellent job!

A419TDI

Awrc Is A No Go For Me !!!!!!!!

I AGREE BIG TIME THE PREP IS PURE SH*T WHICH MEANS END JOB IS THE SAME, NEVER HEARD SO MANY BULLSH*T EXCUSES FOR NOT HAVING THEM DONE ON TIME ETC. I USED HIM LOADS WHEN HE FIRST STARTED AND WAS FULL OF GOOD INTENTIONS, FINISH WAS GOOD (FOR A WHILE)!!! WILL NOT USE AGAIN. :worried:
LESTER IS OK, FINISH NOT GREAT BUT ACCEPTABLE MOST TIMES AND IS MORE DEPENDABLE THAN AWRC IN MY OPINION. I HAVE 2 SETS NEEDIN DONE AT THE MINUTE, THINK I WILL SEND 1st SET TO LESTER AS THEY ARE FOR RUN ABOUT SO I WILL UPDATE HIS FINISH AND MAYBE B4 AND AFTER PICS.
AS FOR THE 2nd SET I WANT THEM MINT (BETTER THAN FACTORY, AS I FIND THEY ARE A BIT SKIMPY ON PAINT TOWARDS BACK OF RIM AND BRAKE DUST STICKS) SO WOULD LIKE TO HEAR IF THERE IS ANY1 NEW OR WHO IS DOING BEST JOB AT THE MINUTE (PREVIOUS POSTS A BIT DATED NOW) I WILL UPDATE WITH DETAILS OF FINISH ETC. ANY OPINIONS WELCOME APART FROM AWRC PURE W**K !!!

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Here's the details for a place in the Mid-Ulster area who do refurbs.
Have heard quite a few good reports about them

Transform. Alloys and Shotblasting
07814 935322

DaddyDave

RMS Regular
Guy outside claudy (county derry) is a sand blaster and has been repairing rims for 15 years or thereabouts

Directions to his place:

Owner: Dermott Lynch

Head through claudy

If your coming down claudy main street (past primary school, secondary school, then centra and spar) turn right at the crossroads at centre of village.
If your coming down Barnault(sp) road (past McLaughlins fruit&veg, diamond centre etc) go straight ahead at crossroads in centre of village.

travel to the end of this road (chapel road)

then turn left onto learmount road.

Stay on this road.

After 3 miles you will pass "Deeneys" hardware store (on your right, and "slievebouy park" (small housing estate) on your left. Keep on going on this road.

After a further mile the road bends sharply to the left (and in front of you is a sign saying LEFT: Park RIGHT:Craigbane) Drive around this bend.

about 75 yards later is a road on your right, take it.

After another 100 yards is a lane on your right, go down there.

Your now at Dermott Lynches place.
He sandblasts/Fixes kerbage/ and repaints rims.

He also Sandblasts/ repaints lorrys and restores old cars (currently finishing a 1989, i think, 5L merc convertible, and just sold a mk1 golf)

Rims will cost anywhere between £130ish and £200 ish to repair. And in the near future he'll be getting a machine to fix dented/bent rims.

Anyone have a number for this guy??

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
i got quoted £180 for 4x17" audi rims with minor kerbing - not bad i thought from AWRC Lisburn

icemanclio

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza
Phoned up Nu-luk wheels, quoted me 100+ vat per wheel for 18's, you can buy them brand new for 160 from ford ^o)

tim

RMS Regular
HAHA!

He returns!

I cant wait to see a thread where both icemanclio and gbaxter get started (y) LMAO!