Alloy Wheel Refurb?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Yes, but you can be sure other places dont do so much.

Of course not every wheel will warrant everything either, depends on value etc

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Yes, but you can be sure other places dont do so much.

Of course not every wheel will warrant everything either, depends on value etc

100% IMO that's why Nu-Look are a bit more expensive than other companies out there.

SEAN G

RMS Regular
Can only go on past experiences with Nuluk and I wouldn't hesitate to use or recommend them to refurb wheels.

civic_tom

RMS Regular
I highly recommend MJE Wheel Repair in Cookstown.

Staggeringly good wheel repair work. I had a full set of DC5 wheels refurbed recently for £240 and I doubt they looked as good when they came out of the factory. Amazing finish.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Chris0

RMS Regular
About to pull my Blitz type 3's apart. Where for new split rim bolts?
What sealer do you use for split rims ?
Any advice be great
Do the blitz have a specific wheel bolt or are they just the same as BBS ones? If they are different the only place I could get a set for the Work wheels I had was contacting driftworks

Split a few set of wheels and I haven't needed sealer for any before. As long as they are tightened correctly (in order to the correct torque) they will be fine

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Will get good look when pulling them apart. I always thought there was a sealer on split rims ,my mistake. Cheers

Chris0

RMS Regular
Will get good look when pulling them apart. I always thought there was a sealer on split rims ,my mistake. Cheers
Yes don't get me wrong a good few times there will be sealer on them but the bbs I first tidied up didn't have any initially on and held air perfectly for the two odd years I had them

Gambit

RMS Regular
When i was doing my BBS RM's id to run a bead of low modulus sealent around the lip but not between the mating faces

To be honest even if someone told me it didnt need it id still do it as its pain in hole coming out to a flat/soft tyre. Unless your split rim is a barrel type that cant leak then itd just be torqued down correctly

Last edited:

Boksic

RMS Regular
Anyone been doing cheap wheel refurbs recently?

Where are you getting your rattle cans of primer/paint at?

Have two sets of wheels here and could do with tidying one or both of them up very soon. Haven't done a set in a couple of years due to laziness but want to reignite some kind of interest

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Anyone been doing cheap wheel refurbs recently?

Where are you getting your rattle cans of primer/paint at?

Have two sets of wheels here and could do with tidying one or both of them up very soon. Haven't done a set in a couple of years due to laziness but want to reignite some kind of interest

I'm going to try the Simoniz wheel paint, all bought on eBay.

The prep alone would drive someone mad!

Boksic

RMS Regular
Yeah can get simoniz or similar in fyfes or P&C I suppose.

It's the prep work that's making me put it off! That's where all the hard work is!

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Yeah can get simoniz or similar in fyfes or P&C I suppose.

It's the prep work that's making me put it off! That's where all the hard work is!

IMO more and more I see where the premium on Nu Luk / Lester is justified... the labour required to achieve a good result is pretty notable.

I've a set of wheels refurbed by one of the cheaper local companies (chosen by the previous owner of the wheels). The paint has literally be applied after the blasting. The finish is pants and rough as a badgers behind!

Reactions: tim

Michael44

RMS Regular
Drives
Lancia
I got a set done by Alloy Wheel Fix recently and they are not what you would call perfect, the finish left by the blasting can be seen through the paint also a lot of runs in the clear coat. Fine for a daily car but if you want something show condition I would be looking elsewhere.
I will probably be giving them to my bodyshop man to see if he can tidy them up which is a shame as I paid a good amount to have them done in the first place.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I got a set done by Alloy Wheel Fix recently and they are not what you would call perfect, the finish left by the blasting can be seen through the paint also a lot of runs in the clear coat. Fine for a daily car but if you want something show condition I would be looking elsewhere.
I will probably be giving them to my bodyshop man to see if he can tidy them up which is a shame as I paid a good amount to have them done in the first place.
Would taking them back not be easier than paying to have them done again.??

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Got her wheels back from cobra customs. Looks great so if the finish lasts I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them. Really quick turnaround too.