Alpine Type R tweeters

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Anyone know if you can buy these individually?

Taking the audio out of my car a few weeks back, one of the tweeters was glued onto a plastic moulding on the door card. As you probably can guess, the tweeter broke....or more precisely the speaker cable terminals snapped.

I see Alpine do a pair of tweeters but they come with a cross over etc which I don't need.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Ring Alpine's UK HQ - they are very helpful people!
I've worked for a few OEMs over the years and we were always happy to help customers in need - happy customers return!
Don't be shy now ;) Pick up that phone - I'm sure I don't need to hunt the number for you.

_James_

RMS Regular
OP
_James_
Drives
V50/M135i
Just thought I'd update this.
Emailed Alpine and they told me they don't do spares but they might have some demo equipment available. I replied asking what price they'd do me a demo tweeter for......didn't hear anything back for weeks and thought nothing more of it and near bit the bullet and bought a new set of tweeters then out of the blue I got an email back asking me for my address. The next day I have brand spanking new tweeter delivered to my work and ready to rock all free of change!

Amazing customer service, having been given the royal shaft price wise by kenwood for a rubber grip that went missing on my headunit volume control, I can safely say my next headunit and speaker setup with again be Alpine!

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Just thought I'd update this.
Emailed Alpine and they told me they don't do spares but they might have some demo equipment available. I replied asking what price they'd do me a demo tweeter for......didn't hear anything back for weeks and thought nothing more of it and near bit the bullet and bought a new set of tweeters then out of the blue I got an email back asking me for my address. The next day I have brand spanking new tweeter delivered to my work and ready to rock all free of change!

Amazing customer service, having been given the royal shaft price wise by kenwood for a rubber grip that went missing on my headunit volume control, I can safely say my next headunit and speaker setup with again be Alpine!

And there as Cartunes is customer loyalty at work. A tweeter which cost them little money means they have a returning customer who will no doubt tell others (as you have done) of the experience, more modern businesses need to take note.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Sweet result indeed. Alpine are the bomb! I must change from kenwood next head unit purchase!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.