Alpine White E90 M3

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
So, I’ve been after an M3 of some description for probably most of my adult life. After the S4 accident my insurance skyrocketed and I kinda fell out of love with cars for a couple of years, so drove about in the Jetta and eventually started tinkering with it. After someone hit it and drove off I threw the head up and advertised it all in parts and started to sell off bits.

I’ve been keeping my eye on the E90 M3 market for a while as to me they’ve been an affordable dream car of sorts, and with a child on the way something with more doors has become more appealing, and saw this one pop up. After a few chats with the guy, and several videos and close up images, I paid a deposit and booked flights to go over to England. Picked it up last week!

2010 DCT LCI Saloon E90 M3 in Alpine White
Extended Black Leather with Brushed Alu trim
CIC iDrive with Pro Nav
FSH, 66k

EBF50D18-2136-4605-A1A8-888888AD7F14.jpeg

75C989F8-62C5-4B3D-9028-B5E630651685.jpeg

DF44C9B2-6997-43D1-9C7E-81E8C40D61CB.jpeg

0EF2538D-A9C1-4653-B244-F06A95C758C2.jpeg

2A82EC29-01E3-4515-A27B-26C04B3BB5E6.jpeg

It’s the best car I’ve owned hands down. Can’t get over how different it is to the 335i. DCT gearbox is fantastic, thank-you @Gemma for letting me take hers a spin before I sealed the deal on mine.

Short term plans are to tidy it up and a couple of mods.

🔘Standard E92 Kidney grills (chrome and black)
🔘Remove front tints
🔘Front end respray (smooth bumper and colour coded bonnet vent surrounds)
🔘M359 wheels in silver
🔘4 pipe exhaust mod (or maybe 2.5, haven’t quite decided yet)
🔘Private plate on
🔘Eibach springs
🔘CarPlay retrofitted

Long term plans are, more paint, GTS DCT map, maybe spacers, high kick spoiler, and rod bearings. Might even end up with decats and an Evolve remap, but will see.
For now I’m just enjoying driving it!

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Looks sweet!
I’ve always said a fast 3 series is a good car but they aren’t a patch on a proper M car.
Health to slide:innocent:

Reactions: Ben

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Very nice 😍
I was holding out for a nice white or grey more door E90 M3 but couldn’t find a decent one so settled for a coupe and a second car....

Why you want the chrome front grill? Does it not have the shadowline trim?

The Eibach Pro kit is a must....there won’t be any rub with that and 245 fronts even on full lock

Gemma

RMS Regular
You're welcome. Glad to help.
I love manual cars but the dct box suits these car so well 😍
Health to enjoy. Shes a beauty and rare on the roads too 🤗

P. S 4pipe is the only way.... You knowz it

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Lovely choice, they are a special car... there are modern turbo charged cars that are slightly quicker in a straight line but it’s not the same visceral experience as a NA high revving V8 and there won’t be another

health to enjoy

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Very nice 😍
I was holding out for a nice white or grey more door E90 M3 but couldn’t find a decent one so settled for a coupe and a second car....

Why you want the chrome front grill? Does it not have the shadowline trim?

The Eibach Pro kit is a must....there won’t be any rub with that and 245 fronts even on full lock

Im not fussed on the gloss black kidneys just. Would rather more an OEM look. But I’m also not fussed on the full chrome kidneys, so the base E92s came with chrome surrounds and Matt black slats, I think they look the best.
Class Ben. Most of us buy Tiguans or Mondeo Estates or something equally as crap when a nipper is due!

PS have you googled the reg? :laughing:
Yes I did, and had a good laugh.
Didn’t even know such a website existed!

44AF1A95-B356-4248-A34A-C4D6899E9A7A.jpeg

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Excellent! Love a more door m3 and I’m just realising the side “vents” differ from the coupe.

Looking OEM grilles myself. Think they look smart on the white cars

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Beautiful, love a more door M3. I quite like the dark grilles against the white, plans sound great!

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Yea I like the black shadowline trim- especially on white or grey...
When you say OEM you meant base spec without the shadow option?

Like this. These are the grills that came standard on every pre-LCI non M E92.

5F180F4B-5C12-4A4F-9D27-3ACBEAF36ED6.jpeg

The standard M3 grills are full chrome, unless you opted for shadowline (I think)

My car will probably end up looking just like that guys, @alpin3.e90 on Instagram

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Like this. These are the grills that came standard on every pre-LCI non M E92.

View attachment 292954

The standard M3 grills are full chrome, unless you opted for shadowline (I think)

My car will probably end up looking just like that guys, @alpin3.e90 on Instagram

Thats exactly how I'd have it. Oem grills and comp wheels in silver. Nice wee drop and some spacers. Perfect

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Silver 359 wheels will look great.

Look forward to a nosey around it. HTD.

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
359s have landed! eBay special center caps and M badges applied.

7738397D-773A-4433-9B96-54F273320AAC.jpeg

Hoping to get tyres mounted today, but could be tomorrow. Pics to follow once on the car.

Also, I thought I scored a bargain when I won a set of new E92 chrome grills on eBay for £15. They arrived and I went to fit, only to realise they were LCI grills and don’t fit 😭

So found another set and made sure they were pre-LCI before buying them, should be with me early next week!
Hopefully get the logbook any day, and then can get my Reg on, just a wee 3 digit I won at an auction at the start of the year. Have Neil at Rockvale making me up plates for it.

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
ah the PEDO reg not do it for you lol?

brilliant motor, nice choice!

I probably have a pedo bear sticker lying about from the Polo years!

Will have to have a catch up soon, would love a look round the 220