Alpine White E90 M3

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Would you not get the interior panels dipped?
Not a fan, can always tell it's not real carbon. Plus, shiny carbon doesn't do anything for me either, I find it tacky (apart from E92 and F80 roofs).

Its the carbon leather or whatever they call it I like.

1599124379008.png

That's far nicer than this imo.

1599124564493.png

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Looks great Ben.

Another one here who agrees that all the stick on carbon (or worse carbon dipped) stuff on the exterior or interior looks very tacky.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
It looks perfect as is! Think I may like this even more than your old avant
Seems almost too good an example to sacrifice into a touring, but a touring M3 would be something else!!

Reactions: Ben

pablo

RMS Moderator
it does look a little lowered I wonder is it on comp springs or something

suspension and exhaust would be all Id touch on the outside. a modern entertainment unit too of course

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
it does look a little lowered I wonder is it on comp springs or something

suspension and exhaust would be all Id touch on the outside. a modern entertainment unit too of course

I've a CarPlay unit on the way for it that @AlpineF30 is helping me install. Can't wait as I've really missed it after having it in the Jetta.

I'm running the Evolve stage 2 map. Just get her done - best thing I've done with mine, bar buying the car in the first place

I'd love a run out in yours at some point if that's alright. Evolve stage 2 is something I'd like to go for down the line. Although I think with a 4 pipe it would be too loud, which I why I think I'm set on the 2.5 pipe mod.

Such a shame they didn't do the carbon roofs on the e90s

There is a crowd in the states that does them, looks great, but I'd lose the sunroof. I'd thought about a dark grey gloss wrap, but thinking that's on the tacky side again, seeing as I'm making it look like something it's not.

1599132294124.png

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Classy.

No scope for poking the parking sensor out with a coat hanger when you were in there?

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Normally I'd be a fan of de-chroming everything, but that looks miles better with the shiny grilles.

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts
I'd love a run out in yours at some point if that's alright. Evolve stage 2 is something I'd like to go for down the line. Although I think with a 4 pipe it would be too loud, which I why I think I'm set on the 2.5 pipe mod.

I had a completely emptied M Performance system on mine, then did the primarys, but it was still too quiet for (and heres the highly subjective bit) my tastes.
I found it sounded a bit thin on bass, so set about a journey of going off the scale nuts with a completly decatted and de-resonated X pipe, with Cobra system from the X back, to then fitting 200Cell high flows in the primary position, but no secondaries, to then fitting resonators. It does thunder a little at 2k, but above it, everyone is surprised by how quiet it is. The factory system has been tuned to the Nth degree to avoid any form of drone, so if you're looking to keep its Qcar status, you're probably as well sticking with a 2.5
Thats the great thing about the Ni-BMW meets - there are so many great working examples of different setups, that you can find the perfect fit without having to dig deep yourself testing things.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I’m more than happy with the 2-pipe mod, not much different to the 2.5 as the 2 main ones are already done ...still too loud leaving house at 6am really tho lol

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Logbook arrived so finally got rid of the dopey english reg. Won this a while ago in a timed auction. A wee 3 digit fairly helps a car imo.

BA27B378-82BA-4AB8-AC86-40255CC4D6EC.jpeg

So many holes 😭 Bumper getting repainted next week so will get these smoothed out and a shorter plate
CDD26388-CA0B-4182-A6AE-2B894AA4D8A2.jpeg
1CBA1F32-39C4-4060-BB02-44892C4E9979.jpeg
848FF664-6529-4947-B9D1-CA5F02EBB85D.jpeg
9A32E8CB-91BB-40A9-85E9-30E25AC917EE.jpeg
7908762D-6076-4F11-A81A-38C5719483FF.jpeg

After looking at the pics I’m not so convinced the rear plate is straight 😑

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
What a transformation.

All the small changes have made a huge difference!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Logbook arrived so finally got rid of the dopey english reg. Won this a while ago in a timed auction. A wee 3 digit fairly helps a car imo.

View attachment 294481
So many holes 😭 Bumper getting repainted next week so will get these smoothed out and a shorter plate
View attachment 294482View attachment 294483View attachment 294484View attachment 294485View attachment 294486
After looking at the pics I’m not so convinced the rear plate is straight 😑

I think you’re right I’m afraid.