Alpine White E90 M3

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Left the car in with Rick's Garage on friday past to get the exhaust mod done. I had heard Gemma's 4 pipe and it was a bit too loud for a daily, so decided to go for the lesser known 2.5 pipe mod. Basically inbetween the 2 and 4 pipe mods.

For the 2 pipe, the main two perforated pipes are blocked/replaced leaving the two secondary perforated pipes. Slight increase in sound, but still pretty baffled.

1600188552708.png

The 4 pipe mod is all the pipes covered/replaced with solid pipe, basically straight piping the backbox.

1600188630958.png

The 2.5 leaves half of the secondary pipes uncovered, meaning some of the exhaust is baffled. Not quite as loud as the 4 pipe, but defo closer to it than 2 pipe levels.

1600188860610.png

Enough photos, here's a couple of videos :grinning:

Attachments

• 1600188848444.png
    1600188848444.png
    309.1 KB · Views: 38

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
Awesome sounds great once I’ve 6 series on road again I’m doing the baffles out of rear boxes lol

Reactions: Ben

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Car in at the moment getting the front end repainted. Bumper holes smoothed, wings and bonnet done. Can't wait to get it back on Saturday!

And then that will be it for a while, I don't think the wife isn't thrilled with all money being spent on it on the mouth of the baby being born 8o|

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Car in at the moment getting the front end repainted. Bumper holes smoothed, wings and bonnet done. Can't wait to get it back on Saturday!
Does this mean never going in a touring :worried:?

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
A guy in Lurgan, mate of mine Ruairi. He painted the wings on my Golf and I was happy with them.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Good work, big difference to appearance from a few simple cosmetic changes, and it sounds absolutely insane, I bet it sounds great under load. Enjoy and also congrats/all the best with the new imminent arrival.

JT079

RMS Regular
I've a CarPlay unit on the way for it that @AlpineF30 is helping me install. Can't wait as I've really missed it after having it in the Jetta.

I'd love a run out in yours at some point if that's alright. Evolve stage 2 is something I'd like to go for down the line. Although I think with a 4 pipe it would be too loud, which I why I think I'm set on the 2.5 pipe mod.

There is a crowd in the states that does them, looks great, but I'd lose the sunroof. I'd thought about a dark grey gloss wrap, but thinking that's on the tacky side again, seeing as I'm making it look like something it's not.

View attachment 293639

you are just right, for the look, you can always paint the rest of the roof gloss black sun rood is nice, when you are in the tunnel😁 better than lowering the window...

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
Love it!!! Looks really well! Would love the idea of a m3 touring also but would it not be a shame to chop such a beautiful car?

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Car back, front end looks so fresh. Bonnet, bumper and wings done. And got my shorter number plate on. Not looking forward to the first stone chip at the front 😂

B6CE97BE-C9B4-4685-8996-F764234027AF.jpeg
0D678BCF-EB90-48F4-852F-E02D99A7B501.jpeg

Car is done now looks wise. Just gonna drive away at it and enjoy it. Hoping to get my CarPlay module fitted this weekend too.

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Did you get the AliExpress one someone posted on cutters?
Yep! Guy has put a few videos up of the installation process so hopefully not be too much of a hassle.