Aluminium Plate Locally (10mm)

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Needing around a 300mm sq plate of 10mm Aluminium, the grade is not overly important.

I usually sourced plate from ebay in the past but now in the dims I need I cannot get anyone to Deliver to NI for a decent rate. One company is trying to charge £37delivery on the 2.44kg plate.

Who is good sizes like this locally, I've Tried Metalcraft on Castlereagh as I use them for waterjet cutting.

I assume Impact Ireland and Alcoa are only for large sheets & orders?

Seem to remember @Daviddunlop83 offering a laser service? Maybe you have a contact for small pieces of material like this?

bill

Banned
marlborough engineering near ship yard did me 2 400mm square plates but that was 15 years ago

Reactions: IL

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
@IL give me a shout on Instagram PM. Or I'll give you a shout later if I remember. Do you just need profile cut to that size or require more machining?

PhilM

RMS Regular
cutting edge NI likely would have some in dundonald.

Barbour Engineering Bangor also likely has some.

Phil

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Impact Ireland Metals at mallusk. They cut to size.

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Thanks Folks (y)

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Aalco only do full sheets ?

There's a place that pops up in Banbridge seem to offer a lot of stuff, John Adams Supplies ?

Or try some alu fab places for offcuts. Is BeFab one ? Moyola Precision ?

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
cutting edge NI likely would have some in dundonald.

Barbour Engineering Bangor also likely has some.

Phil

Not sure Tommy cuts 10mm aluminium. Tho he has a new laser. Can’t remember what thickness it can cut tbh. The old laser was only 5-6mm in aluminium

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Needing around a 300mm sq plate of 10mm Aluminium, the grade is not overly important.

I usually sourced plate from ebay in the past but now in the dims I need I cannot get anyone to Deliver to NI for a decent rate. One company is trying to charge £37delivery on the 2.44kg plate.

Who is good sizes like this locally, I've Tried Metalcraft on Castlereagh as I use them for waterjet cutting.

I assume Impact Ireland and Alcoa are only for large sheets & orders?

Seem to remember @Daviddunlop83 offering a laser service? Maybe you have a contact for small pieces of material like this?

Sorry only seeing this now. Should have some 10mm aluminium plate or aluminum tooling plate in work. We don’t laser but I’ve got stuff done for a few people. Laser, waterjet etc

I’ll check in the morning.

Do you just need it saw cut it machined edges exactly 300mm square?

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Morning @Daviddunlop83 i am sorted now.

@Bono872 has a piece ready for me.

Just to update the thread. Impact can do it but £50Min charge + £20 delivery from the cork depot, the 10mm should cost no more than £30. Will try them again if it’s more critical the grade of alloy etc.

Did not try Alcoa.

@PhilM i will check out cutting edge in the future as they are handy enough for me!

Last edited:

PhilM

RMS Regular
Not sure Tommy cuts 10mm aluminium. Tho he has a new laser. Can’t remember what thickness it can cut tbh. The old laser was only 5-6mm in aluminium

Yes they have new kit there now - Had 10mm steel Cut this week there.

Phil