Amazing what passes an MOT

ToDoRon

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CB500f
I had a car go through the MOT and pass... A day or two later I had to investigate what the ratlling underneath was all about and found a bungie cable that I'd been using while changing the brake pads pre-MOT ;)

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Yeah thats pretty shocking tbh, i had assumed NI MOT would be more of a reference of road worthiness than others in the UK but now i know different!

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Not without a V5 document number that I can see anyway. Would be handy to know!

Yes that was bought from a dealer and a 8in hole in the sill was filled with a potato sack and then gobbed with filler with a plate then put over the top followed by lead oxide. The filler and plate really did look like it had been welded so you could forgive the MOT examiner to a certain extent lol. Had a kinked metal brake line in the rear and all sorts of other dodgy repairs and liberal applications of black waxoyl IIRC.

I'm still using parts off that car!
@Coog your right you do need v5c number

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Not without a V5 document number that I can see anyway. Would be handy to know!

Yes that was bought from a dealer and a 8in hole in the sill was filled with a potato sack and then gobbed with filler with a plate then put over the top followed by lead oxide. The filler and plate really did look like it had been welded so you could forgive the MOT examiner to a certain extent lol. Had a kinked metal brake line in the rear and all sorts of other dodgy repairs and liberal applications of black waxoyl IIRC.

I'm still using parts off that car!

Was good fun ripping that apart lol Not that it took much doing

spoons

RMS Regular
Have you seen some of those **** heap black taxis that drive around Belfast. How do they pass PSV?

Airhead

RMS Regular
I've heard it suggested (scurrilously I'm sure) that the one presented at the centre isn't necessarily the one bearing the certificate on the road. I don't believe it myself............

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
I've heard it suggested (scurrilously I'm sure) that the one presented at the centre isn't necessarily the one bearing the certificate on the road. I don't believe it myself............
I heard this about gypsys and their transits but to be fair a lot of the taxi drivers take better care and maintain their cars better than some boys on here

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
Aye they don't tend to check the chassis numbers too often.

Gemma

RMS Regular
Who's the guy on here that works in the MOT centre? JCLC or something?
Want to ask him a question