Amazon echo 2nd generation

Cro

RMS Regular
As the title says I’ve ended up with 2 of these. One charcoal colour and one heather grey, I’ll keep one so someone can choose what colour they would prefer.

Brand new in a sealed box still

£65

58D12573-5FA3-4A5E-9E66-96FB759AF425.jpeg 2B1ED859-3FCE-4454-A8F4-223F303886A7.jpeg

Last edited:

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Really good gadget these, I get endless hours of joy watching my 19 month old son trying to shout ‘Alexa play baby shark’ :joy:

Cro

RMS Regular
OP
Cro
Really good gadget these, I get endless hours of joy watching my 19 month old son trying to shout ‘Alexa play baby shark’ :joy:
I didn’t think we’d use it but it really is handy, lights all connected up. No more bending down like a pauper and all sorts of music played as it takes my fancy. Obviously I sit with my tinfoil hat on at all times and mask my voice while they listen in:joy:

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
I didn’t think we’d use it but it really is handy, lights all connected up. No more bending down like a pauper and all sorts of music played as it takes my fancy. Obviously I sit with my tinfoil hat on at all times and mask my voice while they listen in:joy:

Me too, just dander past and say "Alexa, goodnight" and all the lights go off.

kinkykirky

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 320D MSPORT
Sorry to hijack the thread but just WiFi bulbs? Nothing else? Sorry I’ve been looking a couple of these and the fact I come home from work and our house is lit up like a Xmas tree every night these might help stop that.

chunkerz

RMS Regular
Drives
A3
Sorry to hijack the thread but just WiFi bulbs? Nothing else? Sorry I’ve been looking a couple of these and the fact I come home from work and our house is lit up like a Xmas tree every night these might help stop that.

Yea u can use apps to remotely turn them off set up.Timers etc

The. Echo just means you can do the "alexa turn on xxx light"

kinkykirky

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 320D MSPORT
So Alexa just turns them on and off? With the app you can set them up to come on and off if you were on holiday? Roughly working it out for bulbs in the rooms I need I’m talking £300 so far

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
So Alexa just turns them on and off? With the app you can set them up to come on and off if you were on holiday? Roughly working it out for bulbs in the rooms I need I’m talking £300 so far

We use WiFi plugs rather than bulbs. Some lights have 3 bulbs, but they only have 1 plug

kinkykirky

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 320D MSPORT
Yeah cause one of our lamps has 5 bulbs.. so at £8 a bulb that’s £40 for 1 lamp. Easier just getting a plug per lamp?

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
@Cro I presume you are currently using the other one, whats your honest opinion of the sound quality?

Cro

RMS Regular
OP
Cro
@Cro I presume you are currently using the other one, whats your honest opinion of the sound quality?
Honestly it’s as good as the likes my JBL Bluetooth speaker. Good range of base, nice sound quality. For all the size it’s a surprisingly very good music player even at loud volumes, i assume it goes to ‘volume 10’ but I haven’t had mine last 7 and it’s plenty

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
@Cro I've just noticed it was January when you originally posted this.

Would you take £50 for it?