AMG GTR - aka the Batmobile

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
Ah my parents live there so i’m up all the time (y)

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
plate on yesterday
98B8F66E-B05F-4AA1-B935-B433E63F396A.jpeg
6B1E0E44-175C-43D1-B371-2E208F3B066D.jpeg

thinking about getting some shorter plates made but it’ll expose a bit of the holder on either side, wondering if it would look ok with the car being black anyway or if it would look rubbish?
871F42BC-F013-4A44-86F1-7EC67338FD9E.jpeg

that’s roughly how much of the holder would end up exposed.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
You'll not really notice it with black on black. Get er cut!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I'm with @Woodcutter ...stick with the standard size.

I had trimmed ones made up for the M3 and took them straight off as it just didn't look right.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Can the holder be removed? Only looks decent if there is no holder and the bumper has been smoothed. Or if the holder is the same size as the cut plate.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
No plate at the front gets my vote lol

If you had to cut it id keep it the standard length but maybe just alter the top and bottom, same as what I did on the alfa, to get it to line up with a vent or line in the front bumper.

pablo

RMS Moderator
if there is a full size holder then a smaller plate would look gash

nicer font would be nice though, the "almost full size metro" is nice and not too obvious

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
If its not a proper holder etc in place and you could run a cut plate I dont find this reduction offensive. Just lining up perfectly between the front bumper pieces top and bottom ...

1606210582205.png

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
front plate was coming off so removed it from the holder and asked Merc to look at it again when I was getting the Mercedes Me app activated.

A normal plate lined up perfectly with the size of the holder as below
FD5947E8-0E7F-46DC-B3AF-769196713FCE.jpeg

and for some reason instead of just screwing the front plate in place like it originally was they’ve put a horrible holder on it that’s bigger that the original holder behind it and that sticks out at the bottom 😒
598E07A5-2996-453E-B4E8-48CF8E2F1944.jpeg

RevT

RMS Regular
A set of proper 3M sticky pads warmed up with a hair dryer / heat gun will hold that plate on no problem.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Take the plate out of the holder, and take the holder off the bumper. See where the mounting holes are. Then get a plate made that's just long enough to cover the screw holes. Think that could look best.

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
thanks @Alemsee I think I would have had my girlfriends 80 year old step dad in the car with me if it was when I was going over ramps so car would have been in quiet mode 😂

Thinking of getting a Renntech exhaust valve controller for it so it’s super loud all the time 🙈