AMG GTR - aka the Batmobile

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
So after 2 hours sleep I got a ferry at 3.30 am yesterday morning and so the journey began! About 250 mile drive to Huddersfield and the guys at SSC really did make it a special day. I've never had a car dealer hide the car under a cover and play music while doing the reveal before :joy: Everyone at SSC was incredibly friendly and really did make me feel special - even ordered us in lunch from a local restaurant.

Car is absolutely mint, it actually looks like it could have been brand new and I have to say the condition was even better than the pics and videos made me think. REALLY glad I went for black over the silver and my Dad who came with me couldn't believe how much better it looked in person than the pics and so did my barber this morning :joy:

Absolutely love the car, the way it looks and sounds are insane. Was thunderstorms in England yesterday so didn't exactly get to put it through its paces and I found out that cup 2 tyres are a bit scary at motorway speed in Stan ding water - the tyres lost so much temp and then dropped a bit in pressure which set off the TPMS and they didn't have a great deal of grip until the road dried out :joy: I'd say its a totally different animal to the 911 and will definitely require a lot of respect before I can properly push it.

First impressions are - serious power and the carbon ceramics are :scream: I like sensitive brakes and always found the 911 ones a bit spongy and that you really had to stamp on them if you wanted a lot of stopping power.....not with these! The noise is utterly amazing.

F
IMG_0382.JPG
IMG_0389.JPG
IMG_0409.JPG
IMG_0411.JPG
IMG_0416.JPG
IMG_0417.JPG
IMG_0419.JPG

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Great choice, I personally love 911's but this thing just blows it right out of the water.

Proper super GT car! Health to enjoy ........ p.s when can I have a passenger run out in it lol

Bronk

RMS Regular
UNREAL!!!

was this outside barber shop in Lisburn this morning? They had pictures of a similar car on facebook.

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
@gpaevo it scares the **** out of me as it is 😂

@ChrisL anytime mate. I’m currently dosed with the cold so not sure anyone wants a run out at the min haha

@Bronk yeah that was me getting a 7.30am haircut lol

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
I love these!!! Met a fella at a petrol station on the way to Goodwood one year who had a yellow one, showed me round it and then gave it a blast out onto the motorway so we could hear it....OMG the noise!!! :heart::heart::heart:

10/10 Good purchase sir. Enjoy 😎👍

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
@gpaevo it scares the **** out of me as it is 😂

@ChrisL anytime mate. I’m currently dosed with the cold so not sure anyone wants a run out at the min haha

@Bronk yeah that was me getting a 7.30am haircut lol

Ill hold you to this ... bloody love the GTR lol

Let me know when the man cold/flu passes ... keep that contained!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Looks brilliant, and a really nice alternative to the usual fare. As per the other thread I've driven the GT C (but not the R) and been hugely impressed, they really are incredible to drive and very surefooted.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That is all sorts of awesome, really love these! Sound amazing as well!

Health to enjoy, cracking 911 replacement 👍🏻

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
Fantastic looking car inside and out!

I have the pilot sport 4S’s in 275 on the rear and I find the same in standing water on the motorway, requires a tight grip of the wheel lol.

Health to enjoy

RevT

RMS Regular
Very very nice, much much nicer than your Porsche.

Glad the whole issue with it/the dealers was sorted out and you managed to get it all sorted.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
I've never had a car dealer hide the car under a cover
Mercedes Manchester did that for me when I picked up my E63, it was in the showroom hidden under a black AMG cover, didn't get any music though : unamused:
They certainly made both myself and my wife feel very special and VIP.

Health to enjoy

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Congratulations on a fantastic car, health to enjoy. Hope see (and hear) it about.