AMG GTR

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
Anyone ever actually driven one of these? I've got an offer to change the 911 for one and have always really wanted one but obviously can't drive one at the minute and there are none for sale over here anyway and just wondering if anyone had? Only real concern is ride quality as I know they're pretty stiff and just want to make sure its not too harsh for a daily.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Anyone ever actually driven one of these? I've got an offer to change the 911 for one and have always really wanted one but obviously can't drive one at the minute and there are none for sale over here anyway and just wondering if anyone had? Only real concern is ride quality as I know they're pretty stiff and just want to make sure its not too harsh for a daily.
I drove one round Dundrod ugp track. I think it was a S version. Nice car but not much leg room. Don’t remember it being overly firm.

ph11mcf

RMS Regular
Drives
SQ7/ftype v8
Don,t know about gtr but gts is meant to suffer from actually being able to put power down ,great looking car tho especially green

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
I think the wider track, diff suspension and the cup 2 tyres means the GTR is ok at getting the power down in decent weather anyway but have read its a lot stiffer than the S, some reviews, particularly autocar seem to say its a bit too harsh for the road.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I think the wider track, diff suspension and the cup 2 tyres means the GTR is ok at getting the power down in decent weather anyway but have read its a lot stiffer than the S, some reviews, particularly autocar seem to say its a bit too harsh for the road.
You need to drive one over normal b roads to be sure. I have seen a woman driving a green R in East Belfast and she gives it some power when she can.

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
Have seen that green one in east belfast too. One im thinking of is black and wondering if I would regret not getting a green one if i ever pulled up beside her/swore i’d never get another black car after my last car 😂

Gambit

RMS Regular
Have seen that green one in east belfast too. One im thinking of is black and wondering if I would regret not getting a green one if i ever pulled up beside her/swore i’d never get another black car after my last car 😂

there is also a grey one & a white one ive seen around east albeit they may have been convertibles iirc. i like the matt grey colour they come in

cant really comment on driving one but they look & sound great

martinopy

RMS Regular
Drives
Granturismo
I haven't driven on but got a passenger run, it seemed really firm and probably too firm for me but really nice car. I think it'd be best to try and get a drive in one.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Completely disagree, no 911 interests me, GTR is a proper super car looking thing! I knew it wouldn’t last @riano :joy:

Love the timelessness of the 911, If fact for that sort of money the only car that would temp me away from one is an R8.

I didn't like the interior of the AMG GTR at all.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Love the timelessness of the 911, If fact for that sort of money the only car that would temp me away from one is an R8.

I didn't like the interior of the AMG GTR at all.

The main factor against a GTR for me is it’s made by Mercedes, never again lol I wish I had that problem though, oh no I can afford a GTR but don’t like the company or dealerships :joy:

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
The main factor against a GTR for me is it’s made by Mercedes, never again lol I wish I had that problem though, oh no I can afford a GTR but don’t like the company or dealerships :joy:

I have to agree, I wouldn't go back to Agnew Mercedes if they were giving GTRs away.

mcma1

RMS Regular
Drives
A Bull
@mcma1 drove one as an option a good while back I think

Had one for a day, and honestly was delighted to get back into the v10 R8 but I did have a good day in it to be fair. They have been taking a real thumping though recently price wise, glad I am out of the heavy metal stuff at the minute.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Glad it wasnt just me that had bad experiences in merc garages!
Was seriously disappointed by them. Wont venture in there for a long time
Doubt they will care tho 😂😂

Totally agree, they couldn't have cared less about the bad service that they provided to me. In fact they said it was my problem and not theirs, and I should "lower my expectations of the car".

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
Totally agree, they couldn't have cared less about the bad service that they provided to me. In fact they said it was my problem and not theirs, and I should "lower my expectations of the car".

I’ve come to find Agnews in general to be not so nice to deal with so much so that I’ll go out of my way just to avoid the poor service. Infact the Boucher Road in general.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
I’ve come to find Agnews in general to be not so nice to deal with so much so that I’ll go out of my way just to avoid the poor service. Infact the Boucher Road in general.
I thought the same
Went into BMW
Honestly i couldn't give the place enough praise. Guy i delt with was outstanding. Did everything and more. Compared to merc across the road it was polar opposite
Tbh audi where the worst tho and it was the car i wanted the most. Wouldn't move on price at all

Dave..

RMS Regular
Mini is the best staffed garage of all of them, no BS and keen to deal.
I bought 2 Mercs from the same sales guy and he was 100%, the servicing and admin parts of the business were awful, after i sold my last Merc they wanted to keep charging me for the service pack and I had sold the car back to Agnews,......

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Been looking at various AMG GTs for a while for my mum, who wants to change to one as she loves them. The GT C would be my pick personally, it's not quite as hardcore as the R for road use but it retains some of the better bits from the R - notably the wider rear arches. It has the 550bhp output so there's little in it speed wise between them but it seems a more suitable compromise if being used often for general road use.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Been looking at various AMG GTs for a while for my mum, who wants to change to one as she loves them. The GT C would be my pick personally, it's not quite as hardcore as the R for road use but it retains some of the better bits from the R - notably the wider rear arches. It has the 550bhp output so there's little in it speed wise between them but it seems a more suitable compromise if being used often for general road use.
I think Merc in Belfast had/have a demo C

ShaunB

RMS Regular
I didn't buy my current AMG from Mercedes Belfast, I went over to Mercedes Manchester Central to get it, who I have to say were fantastic with me.
I must say though, I've only had positive experiences with Belfast with my current car, and my wife's car (A220), which was supplied new by Mercedes Belfast.
That might change though, who knows.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I thought the same
Went into BMW
Honestly i couldn't give the place enough praise. Guy i delt with was outstanding. Did everything and more. Compared to merc across the road it was polar opposite
Tbh audi where the worst tho and it was the car i wanted the most. Wouldn't move on price at all

I found Bavarian to be pretty good, Audi were terrible but in my experience at least drastically improved over the last couple of years.