AMG GTR

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
Thanks for all the replies, decided will have to wait until I can drive one before I do the deal as can't buy it blind even though ive been offered a great deal. might try and hold out for a silver or matte grey one too even though colour wise aside this black one is perfect spec.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Audi, BMW & Mini are Agnew's also sure
Thanks for all the replies, decided will have to wait until I can drive one before I do the deal as can't buy it blind even though ive been offered a great deal. might try and hold out for a silver or matte grey one too even though colour wise aside this black one is perfect spec.
I bought mine blind :eek:

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
Mini is the best staffed garage of all of them, no BS and keen to deal.
I bought 2 Mercs from the same sales guy and he was 100%, the servicing and admin parts of the business were awful, after i sold my last Merc they wanted to keep charging me for the service pack and I had sold the car back to Agnews,......

I would have to agree however last time I left my car into Bavarian for service and the egr recall they put hole in the top of the air box. When I arrived home and opened the bonnet I noticed it. So I gave them a ring and they made it seem like it was already there when the car was left in and they would replace it as a ‘gesture of goodwill’ suggesting it was my fault. I now use Country Garages and have been really impressed.
Mini is the best staffed garage of all of them, no BS and keen to deal.
I bought 2 Mercs from the same sales guy and he was 100%, the servicing and admin parts of the business were awful, after i sold my last Merc they wanted to keep charging me for the service pack and I had sold the car back to Agnews,......

That’s it. You only really know how good somewhere is until it comes to the after sales.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I would have to agree however last time I left my car into Bavarian for service and the egr recall they put hole in the top of the air box. When I arrived home and opened the bonnet I noticed it. So I gave them a ring and they made it seem like it was already there when the car was left in and they would replace it as a ‘gesture of goodwill’ suggesting it was my fault. I now use Country Garages and have been really impressed.

That’s it. You only really know how good somewhere is until it comes to the after sales.
Bavarian,
When I bought my new M140 I emailed before hand and said stick the front plate on - they drilled and screwed it on
I asked was the M Performance exhaust suitable for the new wltp M140`s and they said yes even though I told them it wasn`t so they fitted it for collection and 2 hours later they rang and I had to leave it back as I was correct it would throw up fault codes,........... They gave me an Alacantara steering wheel and BMW dash cams (that took a few months to work properly as no one in Agnews knew how they worked, finally sorted.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Bavarian,
When I bought my new M140 I emailed before hand and said stick the front plate on - they drilled and screwed it on
I asked was the M Performance exhaust suitable for the new wltp M140`s and they said yes even though I told them it wasn`t so they fitted it for collection and 2 hours later they rang and I had to leave it back as I was correct it would throw up fault codes,........... They gave me an Alacantara steering wheel and BMW dash cams (that took a few months to work properly as no one in Agnews knew how they worked, finally sorted.
Not being a d1ck but if you knew it didnt fit why would you get them to fit it?

Dave..

RMS Regular
Not being a d1ck but if you knew it didnt fit why would you get them to fit it?
Because they told me they had checked with BMW and had been told it would be fine. I only read it on a car forum that it wouldn`t fit so I thought BMW would be correct.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Because they told me they had checked with BMW and had been told it would be fine. I only read it on a car forum that it wouldn`t fit so I thought BMW would be correct.
Fair point lol
Was just curious

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
Bavarian,

I’m not surprised. Don’t even get me started on the EGR recall fiasco.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Well have agreed on a price and subject to a test drive will be getting one when all this covid madness is over 🙈

Had my first drive in one yesterday, was extremely impressed by it. Great sound, great roadholding, loved the interior and loved the almost traditional GT feeling of a long bonnet, big engine and the driven wheels almost under your bum. When turning in you could almost feel it pivoting below you.

It was the 550bhp GT C version, which has a degree of rear wheel steer so that may have added to the feeling of extremely direct turn-in. Engine wise, to be honest there was more than enough power - I would say even the 502bhp S enough for anyone, be it a daily or a weekend car.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
No way, sure everyone knows you need at least 70000bhp to even make it worth a thought!

Reactions: Gaz

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
No way, sure everyone knows you need at least 70000bhp to even make it worth a thought!

All the horses!

I've been out in 500bhp cars before, but this was a more aggressive and guttural delivery than something like an R35. The torque figure is 502lb/ft and it really does give it a shove.

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
@Gaz was that the gtc roadster that portadown have? That feeling of pivoting right below you is what i really miss, the only option my car doesn’t have is the rear wheel steer so maybe that would have helped a bit with the front end. Really want a drive in the R as i’ve read the C is actually a lot better as a daily and the R may be a bit too hardcore.

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
@Gaz was that the gtc roadster that portadown have? That feeling of pivoting right below you is what i really miss, the only option my car doesn’t have is the rear wheel steer so maybe that would have helped a bit with the front end. Really want a drive in the R as i’ve read the C is actually a lot better as a daily and the R may be a bit too hardcore.

No, privately owned.

Yeah, personally I think the C is the pick of the bunch if you're not going to spend a lot of time on track with it. Has a lot of the good bits from the R, the wider track and arches, rear steer, and the 550bhp state of tune. Yes, the R is more hardcore and probably give you a greater buzz for that 10% of the time you might get it on the limit. But the rest of the time I think it would be too compromised.

I'll not lie, the ride isn't 'supple' even in comfort mode compared to the likes of a fast family saloon, but for what it is - a 2 seater GT - it was pretty much what I expected. Could live with it daily no problem.

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
@Gaz is the one you drove a gtc roadster in the magno grey? saw one in Bangor today and it looked awesome, even the gf loved it and she had been dead set against them from pics and vids before she saw it haha

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
@Gaz is the one you drove a gtc roadster in the magno grey? saw one in Bangor today and it looked awesome, even the gf loved it and she had been dead set against them from pics and vids before she saw it haha

Nope, t’was this specimen

7666FB4C-952A-450F-AB44-0F564FD50408.jpeg

scub

Banned
I've a feeling this is an occasional customer of mine. Was it a young girl driving? They live around Cultra & its daddy's car.! A thing of beauty it is too👌

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
@scub no it was an older man driving it. They’ve such presence on the road 😍

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs

Terry Bradley’s. Such road presence about them.

Dave..

RMS Regular
The green one? If so her da mustn't like driving it - I've only ever seen her driving it and it's a regular sight on n'ards road/ballyhack.
I have seen it round Gilnahirk. Blonde lady driving it and not afraid to put the foot down.

scub

Banned
The green one? If so her da mustn't like driving it - I've only ever seen her driving it and it's a regular sight on n'ards road/ballyhack.
yes I've seen that one about too & it's driver 😳
think the one in talking about is like a charcoal grey colour. class looking wagons 👍

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
Drove the green one this morning and all I can say is wow! What a car! I found it as good as I found the c63 bad. Everything was fantastic-the sound of that engine :heart_eyes: it sounds absolutely filthy. Those gunshots noises in race mode are :scream: The power and torque the whole way through the rev range is sublime as was the rear end grip when the cup 2 had a bit of heat in them.

Surprisingly I found the ride VERY comfortable, even in race I found it much more compliant than mine in normal mode. Sitting on motorway at the speed limit in comfort the engine was sitting at 500rpm and cabin was pretty silent but then turn it to sport plus or race and it sounded mental.

I love everything about the way it drove. It did feel very wide compared to anything else i’ve ever driven but think would get used to that pretty quickly, 911 felt about half the size of it when i was driving it home. The only thing I hated were the bucket seats, far too narrow for my back and made me feel very hunched over but my word, what a car!

I’m glad I didn’t get the GT3 now as next car will definitely be a GTR with the amg performance seats 😀
CCE3E9A3-06D5-4A41-A670-970C34F9D5E8.jpeg

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
They’re a hell of a car, surprised there aren’t more GTs on the road compared to 911s tbh.