AMG GTR

'96dc2

RMS Regular
We can only hope you have a micro penis.. otherwise that’s just not fair! And from this day forward you are now known as Batman.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Thanks :grinning: No its flat black, as much as I liked the green I would never want to own one and know I'd regret the colour choice after a few days, black looks a bit more discrete haha

Getting it from England. The deal I have got is around £16k cheaper than what Belfast quoted for the green one and this one has much higher spec. I think Belfast seemed to place a premium on the fact theirs had only done 800 miles in nearly 3 years whereas that didn't matter at all to me and actually means that it still hasn't finished its running in period which the user manual says is 1,000 miles :joy:

its not an official Merc dealer I'm getting it from but it is actually near Manchester.
Very nice. You getting the liverpool ferry?

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
That is stunning, look forward to hearing it around Comber. I don't know if it was a gtr or a gtc, but I raced a red one with the registration 25EB over graigantlet on the bike this afternoon and it was shifting.

JT079

RMS Regular
Congratulations 🥳 beautiful! Mercedes is really doing a great job in changing their image. A proper fun car I test drove one before. C63s is also fun for the bucks.

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
@ShaunB decided against the Liverpool ferry as would necessitate an overnight stay and a long time on a ferry so instead im getting the 3.30am one to Scotland and having a 4.5 hour drive there and back in the same day instead :joy:

Omg that's unreal, so much more presense than a 911 🙌
almost too much presence as they're so wide, partly why I thought black was a good idea as it'll give the impression its a bit narrower than it is haha

RevT

RMS Regular
thanks for all the positive comments guys. Always swore i’d never have another black car after the M4 and thought I wanted a silver gtr and there was a silver one but I just feel it looks better in black.

Whenever you posted to say you had bought one, I was hoping (and praying - I don’t believe in god so f*ck knows who I was praying to) that it wasn’t silver.

It looks lovely! 👍🏼

davyk31

RMS Regular
I remember hearing one at the Portrush air show a few years ago on the Agnew stand. Sounded immense.

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
Due to sign the documents tomorrow and have just done an HPi check and it came up about outstanding finance on HP - I assume this is the dealer that is financing this but its recorded as 7 months ago so perhaps not - will have to call and check this. I assume this isn't normal?

Also it seems to have had 3 previous owners and numerous plate changes - not in itself suspicious but a little strange?

Screenshot 2020-09-20 at 16.30.44.png
Screenshot 2020-09-20 at 16.30.56.png

davyk31

RMS Regular
Wouldn’t be too worried about all the plate changes. Several of those are just the original plate coming back onto the car as someone has taken off their plate and likely sold the car.
The finance one is odd and would need to be cleared up. Looks like the last owner only got the car in Feb and put their plate on it in March. Records should update pretty quick after he sold the car and paid off the finance but might be worth a call to BMW financial services yourself and say you are buying the car and can they confirm no interest in it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
When I bought the A7, the dealer had financed it from the auction. The HPI flagged up the finance. I thought it was a bit rare but it seemed fairy common.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Assume the dealer haven’t had that car since Feb though and very unlikely an independent dealer like that would use BMW for their stock financing.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
The plate thing wouldn't bother me as alot of people have personal and cherished plates these days, especially on a car of that value.

The finance thing is a bit weird though...

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
Need to clarify the finance thing. Gonna call BMW in the morning and see if it’s still financed/mention it to dealer that it’s flagged. I’m wondering if it’s a case of the old reg being linked with finance but the finance being cleared under a different ie my finance is still with the original reg so might be a similar situation with my personal plate. Dealer did say that some systems were showing my reg still on the M4 and asked for a pic of V5 (presume to verify the VIN like HPI have asked me to do for the GTR)