Andersen EV in administration

davyk31

RMS Regular
Anyone fitted an Andersen charger? Seems they have gone into administration and once their servers go down that the chargers could loose some or all of their smart functionality.

Bad news as they weren’t a cheap time and hopefully someone else takes them over or at least supports the software side.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
I have one. As long as it charges it can be controlled via the car app. I never used the Konnect app anyway, just the Mini one. If it stops working then I’ve a really dear letter box 😬

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
You would think it should still charge without the software running but only time will tell. I nearly went for one a few months ago but didn’t go ahead at that time, glad I didn’t as warranty will be a problem now should things go wrong.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Just had an email from the company that fitted mine about this, they have contacted the administrator to ask about the app functionality and warranty cover.

I suspect it will charge just fine and the app will continue to work as the unit is connected to your own network so that you are able to control it via your phone, servers are not required for this as far as I know.

Sham1

RMS Regular
The important thing to remember is that EV charging is controlled by the vehicle. The bit bolted to the wall is a charging “point”. It merely supplies mains voltage to the vehicle. They may have smart features like scheduled charging and load balancing, so you don’t overload your consumer unit , but at the end of the day, it’s just a switch connecting the car to the mains. Most people I know use the vehicles app to schedule charging.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
The important thing to remember is that EV charging is controlled by the vehicle. The bit bolted to the wall is a charging “point”. It merely supplies mains voltage to the vehicle. They may have smart features like scheduled charging and load balancing, so you don’t overload your consumer unit , but at the end of the day, it’s just a switch connecting the car to the mains. Most people I know use the vehicles app to schedule charging.

Assuming that whatever smart features that are on the charger don’t fail now or sometime in future and render it useless. The car can’t control what’s going on inside the charger itself.

I had issues with my podpoint that required a reset from HQ and some functions deactivated remotely. How’s that going to work on one of the Andersen ones?

Sham1

RMS Regular
But an installer could have reset your pod point locally, and adjusted the dip switches to deactivate the functions. All the network connection did was enable someone to do this remotely.
I haven’t seen inside the Andersen unit, but it will be designed to operate without a network connection, or in the event of a network failure.
I’m not saying I wouldn’t be pissed off if I had bought one of these units based on the smart features of the app, only to find out that the future is uncertain.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
EVIOS Plc acquires Andersen EV business

• EVIOS Plc announced today that it has acquired the premium home charging business Andersen EV
  • EVIOS launched in April 2022, and has already secured over £5.8M in funding from investors
  • The acquisition accelerates the expansion of the UK based company, with both brands continuing and benefitting from the shared investment
  • EVIOS will also honour all Andersen product warranties and fulfil all pending orders with their team of nationwide electrical installers
  • Operation of the Andersen Kønnect+ app will be managed and further developed by EVIOS
British home EV charge point manufacturer, EVIOS, has acquired the prestige EV home charging business Andersen EV. The management of EVIOS has indicated that the two brands will co-exist, serving different parts of the EV market and benefitting from shared investment in technology, installation personnel and customer support.
Production of Andersen units will recommence immediately and all associated customer support services will be merged with the existing operation at EVIOS’s Bedfordshire-based headquarters. Installations will be fulfilled via EVIOS’s in-house installation team which provides full nationwide coverage.
EVIOS will fully support Andersen’s existing customer base across the UK and will honour any remaining product warranties. Putting customer needs at the forefront of the takeover process, EVIOS has also announced that it will fulfil over 200 pending product orders and will continue to operate Andersen-ev.com and the Kønnect+ app, which helps Andersen users manage, change and report on their charging activity.
Andersen’s A2 product is renowned for its sleek profile, premium finish, and minimalist design, allowing it to blend discreetly with its surroundings.
EVIOS Chief Executive, David Martell comments: “Andersen’s design-led positioning complements our leadership in technology and functionality, and running both brands in parallel will help us to serve an even broader range of customers. The EVIOS One provides intuitive and intelligent home charging for the mainstream while the Andersen charge point serves premium buyers attracted to design and aesthetics,” he continued.
Andersen was appointed as a recommended installer for Porsche GB and a preferred supplier for Jaguar Land Rover in the UK. With its premium features and aesthetics, the brand has become a highly popular choice among discerning EV drivers since its launch in 2015. EVIOS is well positioned to continue supporting Andersen’s retailers and its customer base, thanks to longer opening times for customer support (including Saturdays) in addition to its own network of dedicated installers across the UK.
EVIOS was launched in April this year by David Martell, former CEO of Chargemaster which was sold to BP in 2018 and is now known as BP Pulse. With £5.8 million raised from investors to date, a robust supply chain in place and growing order books, EVIOS is on track for rapid expansion. Its first unit, the EVIOS One, is currently being rolled out to UK customers, with plans to launch a business unit, EVIOS Two during 2023.
-Ends-
About EVIOS

EVIOS is a newly formed British company that manufactures the smartest electric vehicle home charge point on the market. The brainchild of David Martell (founder and former CEO of Chargemaster), the new EVIOS One features an intuitive, jargon-free interface and smartphone app that allow users to configure the charge point to suit their needs and preferences – prioritising the price, sustainability or speed of each charge.
The EVIOS One is the first unit of its kind to offer multi-user functionality and PIN-controlled access, making it a very practical real-world option for shared residential or business parking areas, or homes with more than one EV.
EVIOS is a British company. Components are sourced from within the UK wherever practicable, and the home charger is designed, assembled and shipped from EVIOS’s new premises in Bedfordshire. New customers can book an installation quickly and easily via the EVIOS website. For more information, visit www.myevios.com

hillbilly

RMS Regular
Apparently the people behind Andersen have restarted under Simpson and Partners. Just got one of their chargers installed today. Its the basic one but has a nice anodised aluminium case.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Apparently the people behind Andersen have restarted under Simpson and Partners. Just got one of their chargers installed today. Its the basic one but has a nice anodised aluminium case.

Hope it weathers better than mine!

IMG_1990.jpeg

hillbilly

RMS Regular
Mine is under cover in a carport, so shouldn't weather. Basic, but it's just a household appliance.

Attachments

• 20230707_204153.jpg
    20230707_204153.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 37

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Mine is only charging at 3.6Kw and Andersen have been absolutely ***** about sorting it
Andersen customer services are completely useless. Took me over a week to get them to add my charger to my account because the app wouldn't recognise the serial number.

hillbilly

RMS Regular
Have to say, the Simpsons app is sh*te! It works ok but there is no explanation of what the icons represent. I had to find this in the FAQ in their website.