Android auto help

DAZ4

RMS Regular
Drives
vw scirocco
Hey

Any Andriod auto experts on here as I'm none techy and I can't work out how to get carplay running...
The sound comes through but no video playback
Same for youtube auto

Anyone help, obviously I will pay for someone's services.
Using Samsung phone

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
I didnt think you could play video. If its an aftermarket unit have you grounded the green (from memory) wire?
Usually videos dont play unless the green wire is grounded, usually to the handbrake to prevent you watching video's whilst driving

DAZ4

RMS Regular
OP
DAZ4
Drives
vw scirocco
It's an andriod auto headunit.
Basically a few different apps need downloaded for it to play films, videos etc.
From what I've read this week and tried myself my phone needs rooted to allow playback

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
It's an andriod auto headunit.
Basically a few different apps need downloaded for it to play films, videos etc.
From what I've read this week and tried myself my phone needs rooted to allow playback
I've yet to venture into the video playback, but sounds accurate with the phone rooting. Should be easy enough!

DAZ4

RMS Regular
OP
DAZ4
Drives
vw scirocco
I've yet to venture into the video playback, but sounds accurate with the phone rooting. Should be easy enough!
Only problem being rooting the phone leaves it more open to hacking and online banking might not work seemingly