Annadale embankment.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Andymh

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3 Civic
Just wanting to no if anyone has had any near misses on this stretch of road cause i have heard a few stories about it being dangerous. my fiances brother crashed there a few weeks back because the rear wheels of his car lost grip while doing the proper speed.

pablo

RMS Moderator
are you serious? the embankment is a fairly safe piece of road surely. have drove down it many times often "spiritedly" and never had a problem.

sure the fella was at 30? hard to imagine getting into any trouble at 30mph.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Likewise, my g/f used to live there and I often gave the M3 a spirited run along it. Even with all the work going on in the new developments (muck on the road, greasy, etc) grip is usually fairly good.

Gaz

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
Im down it near every day, gf lives up that direction and i never have any problems! Even flat out round the hairpin corner! But then it is a 1400 focus.

mr_ice_uk

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR TDI
Andymh said:
Just wanting to no if anyone has had any near misses on this stretch of road cause i have heard a few stories about it being dangerous. my fiances brother crashed there a few weeks back because the rear wheels of his car lost grip while doing the proper speed.
Black ice? Happened to me down a country road a couple of weeks back despite the fact I was taking it easy. Almost ended up in a hedge!

Fuzz

RMS Regular
Drives
STI Type UK
before the road was resurfaced at the long corner it used to be v slippy at times

they really took all the fun out of my daily trek into uni when they put that grippy stuff on the road :worried:

Andymh

RMS Regular
OP
Andymh
Drives
EP3 Civic
It was at the long corner it happened. the back end of the car came out hit the kerb and the car near ended up in the river. there was apparently a death on the road a week earlier. the doe might be claiming for the posts he hit.

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
at first i thought ormeau embankment as it is more dangerous than annadale. peeps drive to hard into and outof the bends there, been a few wipeouts.

Fuzz

RMS Regular
Drives
STI Type UK
mate crashed there as well a couple of years back, same thing happened, was goin round too fast and he oversteered into the curb

we pushed the car onto the grass on the opposite side of the road and waited for a tow truck for about 3 hours, great way to spend a saturday night!

Sonny

RMS Photographer
fatboyslim said:
Im down it near every day, gf lives up that direction and i never have any problems! Even flat out round the hairpin corner! But then it is a 1400 focus.

Wats insurance like on your car?

Im thinking of maybe getting a Focus when im 18-20..

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Is this the road runs towards stranmillis / citybeat, from forestside direction?

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
RMS_CLK said:
Is this the road runs towards stranmillis / citybeat, from forestside direction?

Thats the one, other side of the river from Cutters.

Gaz

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Can be slippy at times I thought. Never lost it there though. Know a guy who spun his mg on the bend though. I defo wouldnt push a mid engined car on it.

brendy

RMS Regular
coming off the bridge heading towards citybeat in the right side lane, there is a little drop in tarmac, go over that too fast and you'll understeer into the verge, never looks good to passing students!

golden ferret

I live on that road, at the start of the road on the corner and i've had no trouble with any of the corners and i'm on them twice a day. there's some mud on the road from the building site but thats it. Plus theres that extra grip stuff on the s bend.

B1 MBO

Drives
Ford Fiesta Mk6
up and down that road twice a day. never had a problem even in the ice and snow!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.