Another car dilemma (boring family car!)

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Have had the itch to change the wife's A4 for a while, but don't know what the best thing to do is.
Have been looking at Skoda Kodiaqs, but to get one with 7 seats and leather is the best part of £38k new, which is just too much to pay when she is doing 40k miles a year.
Second hand ones are holding their money well too.
Most likely will be a second hand Kodiaq of some sort, but is there anything else that could be recommended.

Other option was something like a Q7 in the 8-10k bracket and keep the A4 for her work duties and the 7 seater for weekends. Makes sense in one way, but how big a heartache would one be?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What about a well spec’d Sharan?

Or X5 if that is too sensible.

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
What about a well spec’d Sharan?

Or X5 if that is too sensible.

Not that there is anything wrong with a Sharan, just don't want one if I can avoid it. Leather is hard got in them from what I can see too?

Q7/X5 are in the same bracket, but I fear at the 8-10k mark I'd be buying a heartbreaker.

KevM

RMS Regular
A £10k 7 seater ain’t gonna put a smile on your face really. If you could find a Titanium X Sport S-Max in that price-range, it’d Be hard to beat as an all-rounder to be honest

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
A £10k 7 seater ain’t gonna put a smile on your face really. If you could find a Titanium X Sport S-Max in that price-range, it’d Be hard to beat as an all-rounder to be honest
I know that, but also a 40k Skoda isn't either, plus letting the better half loose in it. Reckon I'd be admitted to Downpatrick before it was a year old!
Never really looked at the S-maxs, is there much difference in them and the Galaxy's?

KevM

RMS Regular
Softer roofline and they look reasonable in white with the TitX Sport kit. They’re well spec’d, drive well enough and shouldn’t really break your heart

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Seems a shame running 2 cars just to get a 7 seater. Middle 1 there would tick both boxes?

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
I would try to warn you off Q7's in that price bracket, we just got rid of one that had us pulling our hair out. Once one problem was fixed another would pop up. if you were getting it from a dealer with a minimum 1 year warranty it may be worth considering, though.

Porter

RMS Regular
The wife got an smax there the other month , great car all round and fairly shifts. 2.2 197bhp. 7 seats.

Far prefer it over the galaxy which I think is just body looking but I love the look of these ones

Attachments

• A6FB07FA-BD76-43EF-80AD-1C9CD5D7D827.png
    A6FB07FA-BD76-43EF-80AD-1C9CD5D7D827.png
    963.6 KB · Views: 69