Another car thread Mercedes S320L

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Yeah that exact car he tried me for money but told him that wasn't happening due to the mileage now he said a straight swap would be fair enough

diesel-dave

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4/M5/VWTou
Lovely big wagons. My cousin had one briefly that he got for £4,500, from a friend of mine.

Similar miles and the gearbox went. Was lovely while it lasted but he pushed it on when he had the box repaired.

The instrument cluster was really cool, from memory there was an infrared camera in the front of the car, and the feed showed up over the speedo for night time driving. Lovely big wagon with soft close doors also.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Those first 2 paragraphs are about as much as I'd need to know then, overpriced and risky but then again what isn't risky these days, I'm gettin offered some strange stuff like this that I've never noticed or looked at before

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Those first 2 paragraphs are about as much as I'd need to know then, overpriced and risky but then again what isn't risky these days, I'm gettin offered some strange stuff like this that I've never noticed or looked at before
Probably stuff they can't get rid off.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Personally I think you should hold onto the RS6 for a while, it's a lot more special than the likes of the merc or an R32. I'd love one but couldn't justify it as a second car unfortunately.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
That's amazing. I'd be wary enough about the mileage but then it does them no good lying about either.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
IT SEEMS TO HAVE MISSED A FEW SERVICES - SOME BIG GAPS IN THE MILEAGE - SORRY FOR SHOUTING.... DIDN'T NOTICE THE CAPS LOCK
ah
that's better.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
He went from wanting £1500 with my car to a straight swap when I told him he would need to be giving me £1500, sent me a video of the inside of it last night and the infra red camera set up to see at night is awesome, it's big and bigger is better lol but we will see what my mind tells me I want today, I keep seeing range rovers everywhere that tingle my senses....

@weeloaney are the diesel range rovers around the same era as my discovery tdv6 the same set up as in body off to change a turbo etc?

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
If that's the diesel v6 OM642 engine Google inlet port shut off motor.

Air suspension struts are £400 each plus fitting.

Gearbox oil should be serviced every 40/50k.

And car should be serviced once a year too.

That's worth about 7/8k and where do you go to try selling it again.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Yeah I put up that post last night to get some input seems it would have the same maintenance costs as my own car, would be worth less as time goes on whereas mine would be worth more done some research since then it's definitely a no, i should just start the one thread called what to px for next lol

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
are the diesel range rovers around the same era as my discovery tdv6 the same set up as in body off to change a turbo etc?

The 3.0d in the proper Range Rovers the body doesn't need to come off. BMW engine which is very relaible. Although not brilliant in terms of refinement (noise when accelerating) or economy. It would pull a house down though. For RR Sports, disco 3 etc that use the 2.7tdv6 then it's body off apparently.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
@Ge0rge like Alan said if it's the full size Range Rover (not a sport) then they don't have a separate ladder chassis, there monocoque like a car.

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
For that kind of money I'd be going for an E55 / Cls55. 14k should get something with low miles too.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Can you show me an example or just anything that has the 3.0d engine is OK?
Example of what?

The 3.0 td6 straight 6 can be done with engine in place no problem.

If it's a tdv6 or tdv8 the engine needs dropped out of them I believe. @Nicky would know for sure

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
That merc just screams money pit. I always think boys looking swaps are a bit desperate to get rid, ask yourself why? Enjoy the RS6 for a while, it sounds like a good car and you'll not have as much fun in anything else around that money.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.