Another mk5 Gti Golf

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gsmith

RMS Regular
So for various reasons the st had to leave. I’ll miss it and it was bought with the intentions of keeping it for as long as possible but sometimes things don’t go to plan. So I ended up in another mk5 gti golf.
High spec model and dsg plus nice miles and good history sold it. Needs a few minor bits sorted but that’ll be done in time. Needs a proper clean both inside and out which I plan to do over the July holiday.
Has xenons full heated leather plus a few other bits. Has had the gearbox service done and the belt and pump so plans to begin with
Cam follower
Pcv valve
Upgraded dv no noise just a updated one all Oe and a set of genuine Gti mats.
Full service
Springs either eibach or h&r
Have a few minor bits already ordered so will keep this updated but it’s a proper daily so won’t be much happening. Always said i would never have an auto but the dsg is perfect really is so nice to drive. Only the one picture so far.
7C366480-8674-4755-967D-30049B9C7FDC.jpeg

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Thanks @Lyons is a good starting point I’ll get all the important servicing and preventive things sorted then going to strip the seats out not that it’s that bad but it’ll let me clean all the rails etc then maybe put good springs and shocks in and to be honest that’ll be it maybe tint the rear windows.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
They do everything well. Really well built don’t get me wrong nothing comes close to the noise of the 5 cylinder in the st but a 5 door for now made more sense really is the perfect daily. Tempted to put a tuning box on it.

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
I had an ed30 many years ago and loved it with being a vw enthusiast it was a must at that stage I’ve still got my 6 series for wafting if the rr goes , a tuning box or map is a must 😂😂

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
@Lyons just went and checked bluefin still going don’t know where I heard that they ha closed.
Bluefin £400
Tdi tuning with 20 percent of £340

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yes, same! I forgot that they had gone into liquidation until after I posted, but checked after and the website are still up as normal 🤷‍♂️.

Second hand bluefin handset for £40, then £225 for them to reset it.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Aye yeah very nice, generic Rms car to do you for the 6wks you’ll keep it :p Lol only joking mateeeee health to drive n all that;)

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
Cheers mate. Going to message them here to see if there still up and running as I’ve heard quite a few saying they had shut the doors.

I didn’t realise they could be reprogrammed at the time and bought another for another gti.
Both here just need to work out which one is for my current car. Give me a shout if they’re still operational.

20997A08-ADB1-4B3E-A346-4EBE995DA158.jpeg

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Definitely map it. Mine was a snip under 280bhp and was a great going thing! An ITG Maxogen intake makes a decent gain too. I had the RR printouts of when it was standard, then with the ITG and then remapped. Gained something like 18bhp after the ITG and I think it was 277/278 after the remap. Loved that car

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
I didn’t realise they could be reprogrammed at the time and bought another for another gti.
Both here just need to work out which one is for my current car. Give me a shout if they’re still operational.

View attachment 285084
Is there a part number on them mate need it so I can fire them an email here. 🙂👍🏻
@Gaz86 has a miltek cat back which gives a nice burble especially when your going up the gears. Don’t know if iam going to add anything else apart from a remap although the itg intake would be the one I’d go for.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
If either of Broomys are off a Mk5 GTi then they won’t need reset.

Edit- not sure on that actually, I can’t remember! I think they still will.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Yea think it’s to be reset no matter what. The one I had on the last golf was brilliant had 7 stages. But will see what bluefin say.

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
Both from mk5 gti’s. Get a look when I’m back home later for part numbers and see which one I need to hold on to.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Looks great, love black when it’s all clean.

xenons really freshen up the front end on these. Has it spacers on? Front looks to sit nice in the arch

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.