Another RMS E92 M3

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
In what is quickly becoming the new mk5 GTi, I've joined the E92 M3 club. It's a 2009 Alpine White DCT, fully stamped service history etc etc - still trying to figure it all out, I have the original sales invoice/order sheet so once I translate that from German I'll know exactly what spec it has. It's also my first ever BMW so I've a lot of learning to do!

Just throwing up a quick thread now while it's fresh in my head, and I'll add to it as I move along. First impressions on it are fantastic, such a great drivers car, you can feel every single part of the road. Compare to the S4 it replaced, it feels far more mechanical, a much more involving drive. If I was wanting a comfy family car that has the ability to go like stink and sound well, the S4 is a great choice. For any kind of driving enjoyment, the M3 seems to be far superior.

I haven't had a chance to give it a proper clean yet, hopefully I will tomorrow, so for now here are a few pics just after the host was thrown around it yesterday afternoon. So far, no plans. Well, maybe spacers. There's no evidence of the rod bearings being done so they'll be pretty high up the list for preventative maintenance and just helping resale when the time does come.

1618080528617.png

1618080548571.png

1618080571019.png

It looks like it's sitting arse down in that last photo, but that's due to the incompetent builders who built my house and decided to make the driveway like a corner on a NASCAR track

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Lovely, I really do love the E9x M3, enjoy that glorious soundtrack...

looks lowered and spacers? Standing perfect 👌

health to enjoy.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
4 pipe mod!! Honestly transforms the car! I owned mine a full year before I done it then wondered why the hell I waited 😂
Looks like a lovely example

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
Again - I'm not too clued up on these at all but after a chat with @Alemsee we've decided it's just the standard exhaust with tips, here's the backbox:

1618085353902.png

1618085401713.png

And I've no idea if it has the 2 pipe/4 pipe mod, or any of the mods because I've nothing to compare it to - it does sound absolutely amazing though.

TSPORT

RMS Regular
Drives
///M3
Lovely, I think I seen this advertised recently. They do look great in white although I may be slightly biased, Looks like genuine M Performance front splitters too. :grinning:

What way is it lowered??

Last edited:

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
If this is legit I'd love to join too. My e92 is stock and would love to hear the 2.5 and 4 pipes in person too, before deciding
There's a joke in there with your car being coloured and ours all white but I won't make it lol.

Get a WhatsApp going and am sure we can arrange something

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
In an excellent turn of events, I called around the garages listed on the service history for the car to see if I could get copies of receipts, more detailed history etc. Turns out the rod bearings were done in Crawley in 2019, they're going to email me the full receipts for it. Literally couldn't be happier at the moment.

J55NI

RMS Regular
In an excellent turn of events, I called around the garages listed on the service history for the car to see if I could get copies of receipts, more detailed history etc. Turns out the rod bearings were done in Crawley in 2019, they're going to email me the full receipts for it. Literally couldn't be happier at the moment.
That's decent of them with GDPR being a bollox its made these sorts of things a lot more difficult to acquire

J55NI

RMS Regular
Yeah he's struggling to figure out how to redact personal info from it, but he's assured me he'll figure out a way

It's just a matter of blurring out the customers name and address on the supporting documents. Its decent of them most dealers aren't interested these days . It's a major bonus for you they have been done :grinning: