Another senseless, thirsty, stupid V8 with a nice interior (RR content)

Artoir

RMS Regular
OP
Artoir
Drives
V8/V6
Nice one , who will you get to do it and how much. Was always tempted to lpg the 645, but I was getting about 23mpg not 12 ;)

Done by previous owner thankfully. But you wouldn’t be long paying it back at all, 10 to 20k miles or so depending on current mpg

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Fact is, by buying this motor you’ve helped save the environment! This car has already left its carbon DM boot print on the earth and by reusing it you have carried out a selfless act unlike most that must lease the newest and dieseliest vehicle creating a whole new earth killing carbon footprint.

Well done you eco-warrior you!

LPG is actually a very clean fuel too.

Artoir

RMS Regular
OP
Artoir
Drives
V8/V6
Brilliant. My diesel disco does 24 so your V8 makes much more sense

In fairness that’s back of fag pack calculations. I brimmed it today so will know for sure next week

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Awesome..... and good buy with the conversion done. Did you have to go to England for it?

My V8 X5 averages 19mpg... it very rarely gets a long steady drive either.. and i’ve Towed a trailer to London and back. Such a comfy bus to waft in.... Do love a RR mind!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
This is class. I’ve been thinking about picking up a big wagon to ship the family about in at weekends etc and that looks the business.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Things we do for the sound of a V8! I average 18 - 20 mpg in the 540i with the same engine as your RR so expect something a bit less with your extra weight.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Still plenty of places to get LPG these days? I ran it in a few cars over the years and it was a great job.

Re worrying about lease cars picking up a scratch or dent - couldn't be further from the truth for us if I'm honest.

Artoir

RMS Regular
OP
Artoir
Drives
V8/V6
I was all set to start looking at flights to England. Couldn’t find a single petrol v8 RR in good condition in NI for weeks.

Then this pops up 3 miles away.

Best part of 3 ton and 4x4 fairly zaps the economy definitely.

@saxo_man do it. Some parts (the RR specific bits) are expensive but less than S class or A8 bits of the same vintage. It was a £60-70k car new over a decade ago, if you try run anything like that on a shoestring you’re in for a world of pain imo.

@Coog all the stations I knew of when I had the GC seem to be still around (except 10p cheaper now!). I’ll be using the one in Rostrevor or there’s one in Newry on the Dublin road.

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
Love mate nearly had one before 645 popped up still wish I had off lol for practical reasons with two kids lol

Artoir

RMS Regular
OP
Artoir
Drives
V8/V6
Found a place selling gas in the back arse of nowhere in Kildare. 65L at 70 cent per litre! Done about 300 miles since Friday morning, going the absolute best. Loving it honestly, eats up miles with ease.

Artoir

RMS Regular
OP
Artoir
Drives
V8/V6
The tidy up on the inside has begun. Have ordered leather dye (cream for the doors and centre bits and navy for the dash, seats and other bits) an airbrush kit and some cleaner and treatment stuff.

B8640B9B-CDAB-45EE-A926-DCC8F44DE4F3.jpeg
7F4B481B-29A3-4E35-8B52-C58752632A34.jpeg