Another toy....clio 182

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
Still in process of the engine rebuild on the midget although its very close to going back in now...subaru still not finished but this came up for sale cheap and its something i always wanted to own.

Shes not mint by any means needs wheels redone, steering is a bit vague noticed slight play in inner tie rods so will stick inner and outer on it here and needs an engine mount. Had to do rear wheel bearings as previous owner had done them but never put spacer back in, so they where buggered.

It was advertised that it had a 4 branch miltek and high lift cams.
Does have a miltek but its a cat back, there does appear to be a 4 branch but on reading up on it they did have them as standard and doesnt look to be stainless so who knows.

As for the cams i dont know it goes like the clappers and pulls hard throughout the rev range so quite possibly does, No proof though.

Its had its belt and dephaser pulleys done by rentec in scotland has 142k odd on it but does put a smile on the face, as for plans who knows will dicky up the wheels and get another center cap (ones missing) might take it to a rolling road to see whats going on but at the min just a bita crack any way couple of photos:
20190417_151547.jpg
20190417_151502.jpg
20190417_151519.jpg

If anyone knows the car and can tell me anything about it sure get in touch

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
Looks really tidy. Probably has a miltek decat pipe, the 182 had a stainless 4 branch from standard and the aftermarket ones don't give gains unless you were to spend big money on a Pure Motorsport one and they look completely different.

The engine mounts are pretty sloppy as standard, I've the powerflex inserts in the dogbone and the engine mount and it tightens it up nicely without being too harsh.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I contacted the guy selling it on Gumtree and he was so vague on it. He claimed the car had the cams and was mapped which was done by Rentech in Glasgow. I contacted them and they said they only serviced it.

I want to buy one for sprinting but just isn't convenient right now and wife says no lol

Interested to see how you get on with it as it was a bargain of a car!

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I contacted the guy selling it on Gumtree and he was so vague on it. He claimed the car had the cams and was mapped which was done by Rentech in Glasgow. I contacted them and they said they only serviced it.

I want to buy one for sprinting but just isn't convenient right now and wife says no lol

Ha Mr Robb been tempting you lol

172 and 182's are one of the most fun cars on the road 😎

mthompo

RMS Regular
OP
mthompo
Drives
Too much...

Yea there is no proof of the cams rentec did do the belt and dephaser pulley as there is a receipt for it. To be honest it goes very well and could well believe there is cams but ill not get myself too excited about that until get the thing driving right anything over 70 and doesnt fill you with confidence, ill get couple new tyres and alignment done after i do the wee bits mentioned then ill maybe see about getting it on the rollers to see whats going on 😊

But yea defo thinking track days and maybe the odd sprint and hillclimb if i can lol

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
They aren't that quick in a straight line but mighty fun in the corners.

I've one sitting here when you're ready boydie ;) I've an itch for something jap with a big ol' turbo.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Mark has one on here which he sprints and I imagine he could give you some good advice as to what works and what doesn’t .

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
Yea there is no proof of the cams rentec did do the belt and dephaser pulley as there is a receipt for it. To be honest it goes very well and could well believe there is cams but ill not get myself too excited about that until get the thing driving right anything over 70 and doesnt fill you with confidence, ill get couple new tyres and alignment done after i do the wee bits mentioned then ill maybe see about getting it on the rollers to see whats going on 😊

But yea defo thinking track days and maybe the odd sprint and hillclimb if i can lol

If you're close to Lisburn you're welcome to come take mine for a scalp and see if a standardish one is much different.